[Suggestion] Bigger differences for faction weapons+vehicles?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by keniwaful, Apr 18, 2013.

1. keniwaful

I play in the good and righteous TERRAN REPUBLIC, and I have to say, the extra clips and slightly higher fire rates for the weapons are nice, but I must say that there are not big enough differences to make player really THINK about what faction they choose. Yeah, the NC are harder hitting, but by how much really? The faction guns/weapons should be MUCH bigger. Here are my ideas.
    1. Terran Republic: The weapons should be much faster shooting, but have a significant power drop. We should also have bigger clips and overall more ammo. Our vehicles should be much faster, and like our weapons, fire faster and have bigger clips i.e. the prowler will have a triple barreled cannon but less damage, and move quicker, but have less armor? Sounds funny, but I think it would force decisions more on the player. Also, for infantry, their suits in general should be mini-MAXes. After all, the TR is a long-standing military force with the resources of all of earth to put into mechanization. I'm thinking like mech boots which make you sprint more quickly, and implemented last resort weapons in your suit. But they still must be focused on firerate and speed.
    2. New Conglomerate: They should be slower rate of fire and less ammo, but much more powerful weapons. The reaver should be slower than the mosquito for a vehicle example, and have a 60% increase in afterburner as opposed to the 80% increase for the mosquito. The Vanguard can keep its one barrel cannon, but remember that the TR is getting an extra.
    3. Vanu Sovereignty: Oh boy. This is a hard one. I suppose that the Vanu should get less than in than in the middle configs, because that would make unsure players want to go with it. It should be... I have it. Most of the guns shall not fire pulse by pulse, they will be a constant stream of energy. This totally eliminates the concept of rounds altogether. They should have a cooldown meter (like in the engie's nano repair thing) however, as well as a limited energy supply, which is refilled by an engie's ammo pack. Their vehicles should be really maneuverable and use the same weapon concept as I said before, and instead of vehicle health, they have shields, which provide less protection but recharge after time. Also, in spite of the no bullet drop, weapons with the beam method will weaken over distance, and only snipers and other specialized weapons will use the ancient round method.

OTHER IDEAS:

The look and feel of the bases captured by factions should really be different based on who captured it. I'm thinking about lights tracing the walls which change based on your faction, video screens with faction-based pictures, capture points and consoles designed to match your faction, and maybe even turret changes. Also, since the warpgates are never captured, their designs should REALLY reflect your faction.

A good way to instill faction loyalty may be to have different mini missions when you choose a faction in the beginning, like if you're the NC it shows people getting their property taken away and getting killed by the TR, or in TR the NC killing innocent people, and you have to take place in each event so it's like you joined the faction because of it. You get the point, it should all be propaganda.

Thanks for reading my post! Careful, I tend to stay strongly in character whenever I post something on another thread, like, "The TR are the righteous men, and the Vanu and NC are nothing but maladies and the bane of order and justice."