Better starting armor & option to earn better armor [all factions] [devs plz read]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Jun 15, 2018.

1. NeonSonic

How about better starting armor for all factions & option to earn better armor through battle ranks devs?

I know of the depot and I do have some armor from there but I think this would improve the game for the general population.

Thoughts?

please constructive feedback only please!
  2. NeonSonic

you know what i mean though right? alot of people run around in the standard armor. being able to earn better armor/helmets from battle ranks would make the game better in my honest opinion
  3. Prudentia

You can win armor from alerts
    • Up x 1
  4. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Better armor isn't going to do anything except increase TTK. Someone who can put 5-10 shots into you before you can do the same to them right now, is still going to be able to put 20 shots into you blah blah blah. And that person with aim is probably someone who's going to get the better armor before the noob that can't shoot so won't that be something to gripe about. How about each class has the armor they have and loose nanoweave all together?
  5. FateJH

He's talking about cosmetics.
  6. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Well then, that's called camo, not armor.
  7. NeonSonic

no i mean cosmetic armor not the nanoweave or camo xD

anyway there is some in the debot that costs real cash and looks nice across all 3 factions but u know general population is very cheap so with the money they make from this they should improve the game in general to accomodate for the cash they make u know what i mean?
  8. Dakka43

He is talking about earning armor looks through leveling up like in Planetside 1.

Though I feel it would be cool I think its something that should be left for later such as with the ASP levels.
  9. Liewec123

Ordinarily I'd say no, because this game is F2P a lot of the cash that keeps it alive comes from cosmetics
    However, At this stage with doku's amaaaazing cosmetics I see no reason not to make the old "composit" armours
    Something that you get over time, maybe unlocked at BR50 to signify that you're one of the big boys now :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Prudentia

you already do. as i already said, you can win different armor cosmetics from alerts.
    not only the basic composite but also continent specific camoed up versions of it. eg i won MAX Composite, medic Composite and Heavy Hossin Fieldplate.
  11. Campagne

However the process is slow as ****. And if you play NC then good luck getting anything. Since the addition of prizes through alerts I've won all of two pieces of armour, both for medic.

Maybe the new alert systems will change that, but otherwise winning them over time is hilariously slow. Could easily make it past BR50 without ever wining a single piece of armour. :cool:
  12. Prudentia

tbh NC not winning any alerts is understandable.
    every air alert i have seen so far LPS and their friends have spent 100% of their time trying to camp spawns instead of fighting for the anomaly.
  13. Liewec123

yup true, but thats random chance, it'd be cool if they gave composite armour at br50,
    something for folks to aim for and maybe make them stick around :)
  14. NeonSonic

thats cool u can win some from alerts but I think they should streamline it further and add it to Battle Ranks as opposed to it just being random