Best weapon for Vanu LA?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BouncyIlama, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Zer0Dawn

After some time i dusted off my Vanu char and truth be told defult Solstice carbine is the best overall carbine in VS arsenal i just love that damn thing its one of my favorit carbines.Its good for any situation you'll find yourself in no need to spend money or certs on anything else rather spend them on maxing out your jetpacks or something more usefull but thats just my 2cents.But as you maybe want some new toy i would try out Zenith its also very good carbine with faster rpm and 0.75 ads cant do wrong there.
  2. BouncyIlama

Thanks for all the input guys! I decided to stay with my default Solstice for now, although I have 1 more question.
    If I get an SMG (The Sirius), would it be a universal unlock to all other classes that have access to an SMG? Or is that for only NS weapons? And if it is a universal unlock, can I use certs or do I need to get station cash? (Note: I only want to unlock the SMG on 1 char on 1 server) Thanks!
  3. Mustarde

The SMG can be used on all infantry classes. If you unlock it with certs, you will be able to use it on all classes with only that character. If you buy with SC, you can use it on all VS characters on your account. The Sirius is a weapon that I would only recommend for players with poor accuracy. I say that not in a condescending way, but because it is rather accurate, has a generous magazine, and with the advanced laser, can be hipfired quite well.

The default solstice is a great choice. It has (i think) the fastest carbine reload in the game, which is a wonderful thing for the sometimes chaotic engagements you get as an LA. As I've gradually increased my skill level, ACC and HSR, I have come to love the VX6-7 and Pulsar C. Those are my two go-to carbines for VS, I swap between them based on the expected ranges I will be fighting at. I've put a grip on both, it just suits my playstyle.

One final recommendation - as an LA, you will often be squaring off against other LA's. There's only one thing you can do to give yourself an advantage in this situation and that is to use nanoweave. I highly recommend nanoweave as an LA for this reason. On almost all my other classes, I run other suit slots... but for LA, it's always NW. Just something to consider.
  4. Reclaimer77

I honestly don't get all the Solstice love. I auraxed it on my way to getting the Eclipse, and the whole time I kept thinking how much better our other carbines are.

Why in the hell would anyone use this over a Pulsar C, Zentih, Serpent, VX6-7 etc etc....just...why??

People are even saying use the burst versions? Seriously? That's is just BAD advice. Burst carbines suck.
  5. BouncyIlama

Ok, thanks guys! My question is solved :D All the input was appreciated!