Best way to invest PreBR15 BONUS certs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by agentpuhpul, May 21, 2015.

1. agentpuhpul

Hey guys,

Just want your opinions on what YOU think is the best way to invest the extra 1400 PreBR15 certs for the Heavy assault.
    *For those that don't know, since the new patch if your character is below BR15, it will get 100 EXTRA certs per level.

I think this is an AMAZING addition for the new player experience, b/c it let's them get the basic gear pretty quickly.

Below are my thoughts and opinions on how to invest the bonus 1400 certs for the Heavy Assault...

2. KnightCole

That feature in yet? It wasnt like last week when I was playing.

But how will I spend it?

first 100 will be NWA
    Next 100 will be restore kits
    then prolly a point into resist.

after that idk. I just spend as I go.
  3. cobaltlightning

For Heavy Assault for the 100% newbies (being not just new character but new player) I would honestly max out the Nanite Mesh Generator ability and the Advanced Shield Capacitor. Without the free ASC, that'd be 1,172 certs and would do little else but emphasize the Heavy's role with greater efficiency. The extra 200-300 could go for a health restoring utility and some weapon attachments,as all starting LMGs are still pretty good.
  4. agentpuhpul

I think the resist shield is a better bang for buck, 1,172 certs is a lot to waste on the NMG when later on they find the adr shield and even the resist shield has a much high skill cap. Lvl 1 resist is more than enough for a newbie player b/c it still gives you that massive mitigation, it lasts for about 6-7 seconds, and regenerates REALLY fast... plus it's free, letting you invest in other things like the AA lock on/med kits/etc. Maxing the NMG I believe think brings the CD of the ability down to 45s (as opposed to 60s) and i don't think most newbie players would be able to notice the difference anyways.
  5. KnightCole

Yikes, I can tell ya, the NC6 is a pos now. Its highly inaccurate AND it fires slow as ****?

I was barely moving from like maybe 40m and couldnt hit a guys entire upper chest section with it aimed dead on.

THen just now, another guy mayeb 20m away, couldnt hit him and I was strafing barely....

That gun needs to be buffed badly now. ITs really damn bad......I feel sorry for NC newbs now. And the GD22S is 325c now? Ouch....

The 1500 newbie certs is nice NPE change though. Hats off to DBG for that one.

NC6 needs its strafing acc buffed a bit and its RoF buffed up.

IDK what hit LMGs but they are noticeably less accurate....
  6. agentpuhpul

Hrm I'm having no issue using the gauss saw at all, but i do 2-3 round bursts no matter the range (unless he's like 5m away, obviously) I use the x1 scope and I can maintain a pretty good headshot rate.

The Gauss Saw is fine imo, maybe decrease the first shot recoil a little bit, but I think it's okay. I think they just need to swap the GD22s with it as the starting weapon.

NC6 strafing accuracy isn't great, but the godsaw offers a better strafing accuracy (godsaw is sort of like the assault version of the gauss saw)
    If you're interested in seeing how I like to use a gun like the godsaw, check out my review on it:

You'll see I'm sticking to really short bursts, and this is how I used the gauss saw.

The fact that they've given new players 1400 BONUS certs helps out the new players a lot.. i mean the GD22s IS 325 certs, but just playing from br 1 to br 15 will net you 478 certs by itself. I think the current system is fine.
  7. KnightCole

I had it auraxed before, found it to be a tricky gun to learn, but it seems like I gotta relearn it all over again. I have my EM6 though. SC'd it awhile ago.....but dang...
  8. Leivve

Sights. Put sights on everything. All your guns, all your tanks, your harasser, flyer and sundy. put sights on EVERYTHING.

Really it will make you a better shot, and your passengers will thank you for having even the 1 cert zoom on your guns. After that just start certing into the thing you like doing most in the game.
  9. agentpuhpul

Yeah honestly iron sights are a pain...
  10. Keldred

Adrenaline shield...I rolled a TR toon to test out the cert gain. Was able to get lvl 4 by putting all level certs into it. This brought my early game performance up to par with my high lvl VS toon.
  11. agentpuhpul

yup, in my video, I go over my favorite build, which is getting adr shield up to lvl 4, x2 med kits, rest is easy.