Best way of getting CRT Points?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatPug, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Snowmageddon

get enough certs for the next lvl up gun... from there just one tag people, everyone and everything you see and the assist Xp comes like water.... i dont even bother killing anymore... Q, shoot, move on...
  2. Sienihemmo

They actually changed that to 1 cert point every 250 XP just a few days ago. So for capping a large base, you get 4 cert points (I've personally confirmed this ingame). So 2 kills and an assist gets you one. Or killing pretty much any airborne vehicle with a pilot inside.

But even with that change, the best way is probably to resupply AA maxes, especially ones in your squad. Heck, the best way is to organize a few friends into a squad and get to a high point near Crown with a couple of AA maxes and you resupplying/fixing them as an engineer. Doing that will get you 15XP for squad resupply every clip the maxes use, and they eat trough a single clip in a few seconds. With 2 of them, you'll probably have an XP notification on the screen constantly until your ammo pack disappears.
  3. Alcatraz

I have an avg cert gain of 55/hr right now. When I work to farm certs I gain around 80-100 and the highest I have had was 150 or so in an hour. It has actually gone down since I have stopped doing the "pigeon hole" roles to gain certs. Mainly b/c I agree with another post here. I want to actually slow my pace down and take time to enjoy playing the game.

Anyways, the top ways I cert farmed.

- Play with at least one friend/squad mate.
    - Get the 50% increase in cert gain.
    - Medic with revive grenades. Go crazy and revive everyone, shoot when no one is dead.
    - Roll 2 man tanks - HE main/ vulcan 2ndary. Take out everything. Spawns, sundies, tanks.
    - Be engineers. and heal your tank. Duh :)
    - Roll liberator. 150 Dalton gun. Go sundy hunting.
    - ESF if you can manage to grab tomcats and the AA main chain gun. Kill all the Rocketpodders that turret. Kill everything in the sky. Make sure to have a wingman. Go upwards of 50 - 0 in the sky.
    - go MAX and Engy combo. Both reap the rewards.
    - Sundy AMS and baby sit. Not my fave, but it does work.

Anyways, always make sure to stay with the action and with a group. You can get tons of points from the captures while doing the above things. easy gains. Hope this helps. BTW I play TR. My in game name is Alcatrazz bc some lev 2 nub stole my beta name.
  4. Olliekitty

Camping can get you certs fast. Did this with a Lasher and g2a missile launcher.
    [IMG]
  5. PvtRyanParts

anyone can be good with a lasher, though. I made a vanu, trialed the lasher to see what it's like and almost gave up playing NC.
  6. Jestunhi

I found that in an average session I was getting hardly any xp from the sundy vehicle resupplies.

I switched to barricade armour instead to increase my survivability. Got lvl 3 atm and aiming for lvl 4 (will leave the 1000 cert lvl 4 for now).
  7. Saberune

I net roughly 100 certs on a good night, give or take, on my engineer. I stay close to the hot fights, drop ammo, repair EVERYTHING, and even manage to get a kill or two here and there. I also spend a fair amount of time in a lighting racking up kills. And always make sure you're close enough to the control point to get capture XP. Playing a medic gets the certs rolling in pretty quickly, too, if that's your style. As an infiltrator (the class I actually enjoy) I usually only pull in about a third of that for comparable game play, so at the beginning of the night, I have to ask myself if i want to grind certs or if I want to chill out behind the scope of my rifle.

Now don't get me wrong, I like playing engineer. There's lots of fun stuff to do, but it's not where my heart is, so yea, sometimes it's a choice between productive and fun.
  8. Hismomo

I made 100 certs from sniping in my first weekend. I was a bit addicted though, but for me the best strategy is to travel with a group taking places while you get kills and what not. The bases give a lot of certs, which adds up pretty fast.