Best VS AR?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Shake, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Shake

Hey guys. Decided to switch from heavy assault main to medic basically because I like the more accurate weapons, LMGs are too inconsistent from range.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide which AR I want to purchase/upgrade first. I looked at weapons stats and it looks like the default pulsar is the best statistically? Apparently the 3 shot burst equinox has the lowest TTK but its burst so that doesn't necessarily mean its best.

What AR's do you guys like the best? Is the Equinox burst strong? How is the common pool AR?
  2. GetBrocked

I'm messing around with the ns-11a, I'm trying to get high velocity ammo for it, might make hitting moving targets easier. Try out the pusar though, you can't go wrong with it
  3. RedCitadel

First off, don't put too much into TTK statistics. Nothing lowers TTK more than missing, so ease of use and personal preference should come first. Let me go through them all for you

CME: As advertised, good at range due to low recoil, but its low damage means you can't compete at close to low mid range at all. Decent for outdoor battles if you have a lot of spare certs, and having the 2x reflex sight available is great. Unfortunately, not that much better than the NS11 at range to justify its poor showing up close.

H-145: The best at CQC, and the statistically lowest TTK. The recoil is a bit high for my tastes, and the attachment selection is limited - no 2x reflex or compensator. High rate of fire makes clip size feel limited, and necessiates careful aim on moving targets or at range. Solid weapon, makes the medic very competitive in CQC, but not worth it if you're looking to upgrade your accuracy over an LMG.

Pulsar: Very decent all rounder, I won't elaborate much further as I'm sure you have tried it yourself. Good at mid range, but you feel a bit lacking in CQC versus carbine users, and not quite accurate enough to fight well outdoors

NS-11: The best at mid range, and very competitive up close and far away. There is no situation you'd feel out of place bringing this rifle to, and the immense variety of attachments augments this flexibility - you can really put anything on this gun to make it work at any range. Recoil is very manageable, spread is tight, and the extra 5 rounds always come in handy (note this also ups your max ammo count by 30 rounds). At long range, the higher power of each individual bullet aids in single shotting enemies. You can also full auto this gun all the way up to the top end of mid range. Up close, it feels powerful, and the large clip never causes you to run dry before you make the kill. Plus, possible tactical advantage because your enemy doesn't instantly know you're Vanu from the sound of your gun. A personal favorite for me, so take my bias into account

Equinox: I trialed this one, and it was good I guess, but nothing special. Felt like a Pulsar with higher damage and lower ROF, not much more to say. A bit better than the pulsar at range, but felt a little awkward and hefty in CQC.
    Equinox burst: I admit I've never tried it, but I see no reason to use a burst version of the Equinox. If you have no discipline maybe, but I think the recoil of the Equinox is too high to benefit from a burst mode. At the range where burst might be useful, the recoil seems just to high to land the 2nd and 3rd shots consistantly. At short range, you've handicapped yourself.

Whatever you do end up picking, definitely try before you buy, your preferences may differ from mine and others.
  4. Mrasap

Equinox is the only rifle that can cert the underbarrel grenade / smoke launcher. This kind of makes it the only proper choice for me. Question is, which underbarrel launcher to take?
  5. RedCitadel

Are you sure NS-11 can't take a launcher? Regardless, smoke doesn't affect people on low settings, and the underbarrel shotgun is single shot, so I prefer the grenade launcher. That said, I was never able to get much use out of it, it rarely made sense to me to switch to it from primary weapon, and the slow weapon equip times annoyed me more than the few times I killed people with it benefited me.
  6. Shake

I trialed the NS-11. I like it. Recoil is very low, seems strong at range and all around pretty good. either its damage or ROF seems low though, the overall TTK on it feels a bit slower than the pulsar. That said I still like it and will probably buy it. Sucks that its 1000 certs though.
  7. Hagestol

NS-11 with a 2x reflex, compensator and laser/handle is a great weapon. Also fun to not use a disco weapon for once!
  8. irishroy

sry, but what is "TTK"?
  9. Hagestol

time to kill I'm guessing. Doesn't matter if your weapon has a thousand bullets doing 99% damage to infantry if it fires a shot every 10 seconds. Quick accurate shots with good reload time is key :)
  10. MartianDiscoFish

I guess the H-V45 is the best.
    CME used to be my favorite, but it's horribly underpowered at the moment, for a long range assault rifle, it is pretty abysmal at long range, haven't unlocked High velocity rounds for it yet, but even by default it's damage output at long range is bad.
  11. SvenskFisk

Agree on the H-V45. It gives you a noticable advantage in bio dome-range fights and can hold its own at range if you can handle the recoil. (Just like in BF3 with the AEK) - TTK is king.
    Soft point ammo and advanced laser sight means you can kill people with hip-fire before they've even had time to aim down sight.
  12. Sentnl

The Hydra is hands down the best AR. Used the right way it will clean up anyone in CQC and you can burst effectively at medium onwards.

The only VR combat medic weapon that can out perform in particular situations is the Nova. If you're using any other weapon, I'm sorry, but you're doing it wrong. :)
  13. ScorpDK

NS11, my personal preference.
    Not only because it looks, sounds and handles very well (it feels like it has a hell of a punch behind it, compared to the "put-put-put" energy rifles), but because its firing noise and bullet trails do not instantly reveal you in enemy territory. Since each side has access to the gun, they don't draw as much attention to you as using a VS AR. Very sick.
    I only wish the other classes could get access to a NS weapon as well.