Best SMG for engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Targanwolf, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Targanwolf

My engineer and infil both need a great SMG. My Vanu uses a Sirus(which I love).
    Recco for a TR engineer & infil please .
  2. OldMaster80

Armistice or NS PDW.

Stay away from the Hailstorm unless you're going for the smg directive, it's credited to be the worst of the game.
  3. Targanwolf

What about the MKV supressed ?
  4. Armcross

Hailstorm is great, it has allot of bullets. Put a suppressor and you get a nailgun.
    Armistice is great, it has so fast firing rate. Excellent in 1 on 1 fight.
  5. nehylen

Depends a bit on your goals/aiming skills. If you care about the role, the Jaguar with ALS is better than either SMG anyway, having better stats everywhere but the slightly worse initial hipfire CoF (1.75 vs 1.5 to smgs) and hipfire bloom (not really an issue).

If you care about auraxing (thus no carbine), then Armistice always works, but it works better when you're good enough that you don't need the ext.mags too much and attach the ALS.
    If you're more comfortable with Sirius' magsize on VS, you're going to be better off with the Hailstorm with ALS. Hailstorm is also much better in ads than Sirius.
    • Up x 1
  6. Targanwolf

I tried the Jaguar with ALS and suppressor....very impressive .That will be my next purchase.Thanks.
  7. Eternaloptimist

Well, as people have said, the Armistice is the go-to SMG for TR. NS PDW7 had better effective range although lower RoF and the MkV suppressed doesn't have the drawback of add-on suppressors (lower MV) or so I hear. Otherwise it is out of the same stable as the PDW. Ofc if you buy an NS SMG with DBC use can use it on any class and any faction. But then with DBC you also get the two for one effect as both your TR infil and engie can use the ES SMG of your choice.

But I main Engie myself and I'm wondering why you would not want to stick with carbines for that class. There are some great ones with high RoF like SMGs for CQC (I run Lynx and VX6-7 myself). But there are also the ones that can be useful at longer ranges, especially the insanely accurate burst carbines. Then there is the king of them all, the Jaguar - pretty damned effective at both short and medium range.

I'm not criticising your choice - I'm genuinely interested as I have not, in fact, actually tried using SMG on engie and very little on infil (I bought the NS PDW7 with SOE station cash a long time ago but then found I preferred stalking, or the better range scout rifle).
  8. Targanwolf

I ended up with the Jaguar.Will get a good weapon for my infil later. LOVE IT.
  9. cobaltlightning

Either way, the NS7 PDW's worth a buy anyway, Just for that versatility.
    MKV Is practically a copy-paste of NS7: Naturally suppressed, but higher bullet velocity than a suppressed NS7. MKV's not worth it unless SMG Directive.

Srsly, though, get the NS7. A counter-sniping SMG is always fun.
  10. Dualice

Good choice.

I was going to add that if you're playing engineer, carbines are going to be your best option. If you enjoyed the bullet-hose feel I might have recommended the LC2 Lynx (seriously fun weapon, though not without its drawbacks), but you really can't go wrong with the Jaguar.

Have fun :)