Best NC weapons thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GoogleIntern2013, Sep 11, 2013.

1. N7Havoc

twitch.tv/agntv
    There's the channel, there's 3 parts. You may want to skip around to see the actual game play, and then the discussion in the down time between the first and second map was interesting.
    • Up x 1
  2. EViLMinD

26:10 of part 2 - "Some might argue that the ZOE is a significant advantage."

Not to knock FC. They'd be good regardless... but the ZOE is a huge difference maker.
  3. Phrygen

Nanite systems weapons... honestly.
  4. Drsexxytime

What's is this magnificent beast? Is it a sniper rifle that actually looks like a Gauss weapon? (From KZ:SF sorta, and that's fine)

Favorite NC weapon I've played with thus far is the Reaper.
  5. GoogleIntern2013

Lol you obviously never played as a ZOE max. ZOE is only good for AA or anti vehicle - in infantry situations a normal gun will just eat right through you as if you were playing infantry without shields

the 30% armor debuff is huge. 80%-30% = 50% resistance to small arms fire, which means:
    1 shot decimator = death
    10 bullet gauss saw headshot =death
    20 bullet gauss saw bodyshot = death
    1 shot stock rocket launcher = death
    if annilators could dumbfire that would be 1 shot death

Zoe is also good at running laps between buildings and chasing down people who actually run away

No one has it on when fighting infantry nub

As for the NC max, it's the god of all camping noob tubing free cert weapon
  6. GoogleIntern2013

it's the EM9 stiletto that was never released
  7. Drsexxytime

So it was a LMG then like the other EM series, or was it a sniper? That thing should be a sniper. I could see them using that as the NC specific Sniper rifle, whenever those come out. Like that crazy TR one.
  8. phreec

Combat Medic:
    Gauss Rifle (grip): Best mid-long range AR in the game. Still good in CQC if you have good aim.
    Carnage BR (adv grip): Great all-rounder with CQC in focus. Don't use Compensator for increased hip-fire efficiency.

Light Assault / Engineer:
    GD-7F (adv laser): Exclusively for CQC as it sucks at range.
    Gauss Compact (grip): Best all-rounder with range in focus. All the other "long range" carbines are inferior.

Heavy Assault:
    EM6 (grip, comp): Best all-round LMG. Isn't hit as hard by enemies wearing nanoweave as the overpraised Gauss SAW.
    AF-4 Cyclone SMG (ext mag, SPA): As NC lacks any decent CQC LMG's our SMG is our best bet when going mobile CQC HA.

Infiltrator:
    All the same across factions. As for SMG's go with the AF-4 Cyclone.

MAX:
    Our MAX is so limited so you might as well go with dual Hacksaws (ext mags) for doorway camping. They're terrible at range (and by range I mean "across the room" ranges) so go with either Mattocks (ext mags) or Grinders (ext mags, slugs) if you intend to try killing at further ranges.
  9. Makwa

I am personally starting to like the Gauss Burst. I have a problem with getting a little excitable and holding the mouse down. This gun forces me to control my fire and I have racked up quite a few kills with it in a short time (few kills being a relative number to my playing ability.) I just cant bring myself to use a shotgun as my "all around light assault" loadout
    • Up x 1
  10. Epic High Five

I am the king of NC and here is what I say:

Medic: TIE between Gauss Rifle w/ laser and Carnage BR
    Engie: Compact S w/ UBGL + ammo pack + a quiet spot in a tree
    LA: Razor
    HA: SAW duh lol HONORABLE MENTION: Rambo (exmag) EM6
    Infil AND EVERYTHING ELSE <20M: Cyclone. Snipers are dumb STOP ******* SNIPING NC ****LORDS I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A BOLT ACTION FOR FREE
    MAX: Whatever + exmags + slugs. For AV work, pull a Vanguard

Pretty much as NC the only thing you have to worry about is what gun you'll use at >20-25m because the Cyclone is always going to be the best up close choice.
    • Up x 1
  11. HerpTheDerp

Well I didn't vote for you.
  12. lilleAllan

gauss saw haters don't have voting rights

says so in the auraxis patriot act
    • Up x 1
  13. Kitakami

If SC and certs were no object.

Infil = Cyclone (sniping is defunct, forget sniper rifles)
    LA = Cyclone (in practical application it's better than any of the carbines)
    Medic = Carnage BR (the best NC gun)
    HA = NS-15M if buying with SC, or Anchor if buying with certs (they're practically inseparable)
    Eng = Gauss Compact S
    MAX = Dual Grinders (the MAX shotguns are only good for doorway defence, and the Grinders offer the best doorway defence)
  14. Epic High Five

The king isn't voted for, the king is the one wearing the crown and I've accidentally TK'd all the competition trying to ADS on my MAX :D

People really need to give shotgun slugs a chance. They're great out to AT LEAST 30m which is about as much as mercies and blueshifts can really say and they're hilariously lethal.

The meme that they're inaccurate and like rolling dice is terribly incorrect, at least so long as you're not going full auto. My slug mattocks are BY FAR my most accurate gun, coming in at a full 5-15% higher accuracy than any of my other weapons and more than double the kills per minute.

Plus, TR/VS see a shotgun MAX at like 25m and they just stand there thinking they're safe EVEN AS RUTHLESSLY SLAUGHTER THEM IN 2 CLICKS.
  15. GoogleIntern2013

Haha yeah so true!!
  16. HerpTheDerp

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' LMGs is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
  17. Mykra

Wouldn't happen to have links to killboards and character pages?
    • Up x 2
  18. GoogleIntern2013

unfortunately the killboard only tracks the last 100 kills... So sad I didn't take a screenshot
  19. ColdCheezePizza

Carnage BR- it's the only AR you need, adv laser for indoors and adv grip for outside
    Anchor- adv laser and soft point, that 167damage stings in cqc and it wont let you down up to midish range
    Jackhammer- best shotgun in the game with impressive range for what it is, very fun to use
    Razor GD-23 - fast reload, deadly ads accuracy with compensator while still keeping good hipfire
    • Up x 1
  20. Mykra

The character page is fine then. I want to see your weapon stats, accuracy, KPM and all that jazz and compare then to a TR I know who uses his MAX almost 100% of the time. 94-1 as a stock MAX has to have some really interesting numbers to dig through, especially since you said you are posting great numbers with Mattock upgrades now (I believe it was mattocks, could be wrong)?