Best mid-long range low recoil weapon?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by FPSnoob, Apr 2, 2013.

1. FPSnoob

Hi guys
    What are your opinions on a good mid to long range gun for engineer? Preferably one with low recoil

I will most likely put a 4x scope if not 6x on it
    I wouldn't even mind semi auto as long as I can kill someone in less then 4 shots

Thanks in advance for your opinion
  2. Malenky

Battle rifles are the only real option for long range wannabe engies but the recoil is vicious.
  3. Lorged

I prefer the Gauss Compact S / TRAC-5 S / Solstice S.
    It does fine on all ranges from shot to long distance. You also can equipt the weapon with nearly all attachements incl.
    underbarrel Grenade launcher that can kill enemy infantry with 1-2 hits, 6x scope, high velo ammo for distance and a compensator to reduce vertical recoil.
    It also has single fire mode, 3x salve fire and full auto for different ranges.
  4. AssaultPig

Don't get a battle rifle, they're terrible. Like, really terrible.

No carbine is really worth putting a 6x scope on and even a 4x is (imo) sort of questionable, but the pulsar C for VS and the AC-X11 and the Razor for NC are pretty good at 50-75m.

The TR AMC isn't really worth getting imo; not enough of am improvement at range over the trac-5 S. Fortunately the trac-5 is really good already.
  5. Lorged

Battle Rifles have several disadvantages.
    - The accuracy and recoil is a joke for a long range weapon.
    - The dmg is quite low for a "sniper" gun. You need 7-8 bodyshots to kill an enemy.
    - It only has single fire mode. So if the enemy comes in middle or short range you're food!
    - No High Velo Ammo!

To sum up the Battle Rifles in one word: Trash
  6. varangian

Roger that, worst 1000 certs I've spent was on the Warden. Not impossible to get kills with in the right circumstances and it's amusing to annoy heavies and the like at long distance but annoying them is all you're likely to do. And when an infiltrator with a proper long range gun pops up on their side your fun will come to an abrupt end. If it didn't have such an absurd amount of drop-off and recoil it would be a decent choice for mid to long range combat but until then save your certs for something better.
  7. MorganM

I really haven't tried to find a long range gun for ENG. If I feel like I'll be engaging things at long range I switch to HA and use the TMG-50 + 2x Reflex + compensator + fore grip.

When I play ENG I'm in the thick of it. I'm running around engaging at medium to close range. I'm holding points, defending stuff, crouching and repairing things.... my targets are medium to close range.
  8. X3Killjaeden

you forgot: horrible bulletdrop. It has more bulletdrop then my GD-7f with supressor and softpoint.
  9. FPSnoob

Ah that's quite disappointing...
    I typically like to engage in farther fights because my shooting skills are so bad (I once got killed by some guy who had his back to me after missing like most of my shots...)
    I can usually guess pretty accurately on bullet drop too, I've more then once killed guys who I have to aim way above their head
    I would usually go infiltrator for farther shots but distances between that is what I like to engage the most

So maybe I just need a gun with low recoil and high damage? I heard the nc 11x is decent for long range?
    Suggestions?
  10. ColdCheezePizza

ACX-11 is quite nice with a grip/compensator/high velocity ammo/4x scope. It's a slow rate of fire full auto with only 20round clips, so you need to learn burst control to consistently land long distance shots, thing hits like a truck though.
  11. supahitecjetfyta

carbines have nothing on the BR for ranged work.
    carbines are for close to mid range, the BR is mid to long.
    2x scope suits the BR well for GP use, 4x for dedicated long range.
    aim for the head and you can drop them with 3 hits.
  12. AIHatecrime

AC-X11 with a compensator, advanced fore grip, high velocity ammo and a 3.4 scope is what I run on my Engineer. Really good for those medium engagements. Aim for the chest and let recoil do the rest.