Best Lone Wolf loadout and tactics

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by McMan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. McMan

Light assult is the best class for being one man army, getting behind enemy lines, dealing massive damage, delivering shock and staying hidden. A lot better than infiltrator I think mainly because jump jets offer more hiding and ambush areas, more paths to travel and generaly make you more unpredictable than cloak abillity can.

So this is my lone wolf loadout that is able to do massive damage to everything, is a good shock trooper, can stay of radar, is good at engaging targets and killing them fast from 0-30m and can easily detect and see all enemies around him.

Primary: Bandit (ALS, Suppresor, HV/NV scope)
    Secondary: Crossbow with detect bolts
    MAX Jump Jets
    Greande bandolir: 4 frags
    2 C4
    Regeneration implant

-The idea is that you stay hidden all the time and strike at the enemies at the right moment. It is best to fight at nights and in urban areas (towers are the best).
    -Use detect bolts to see where the enemy is and how many are there and to prevent someone from flanking you. They will think that an infiltrator is in the area and wont expect Light assult.
    -4 frags and 2 C4 are used to shock enemy groups and deal with MAXes and tanks.
    -Regeneration implant is good because you have no med kits, but will still be at full health all the time.
    -When you decide to engage a target, you must be absoutly sure to kill it fast, otherwise they will come after you.

Post your loadouts and tactics for playing light assult solo :)
  2. Kubin

Mine is a classic Bounty Hunter loadout.

Primary: Solstice SF
    - Reflex 2x or HVNV scope;
    - Soft point ammo;
    - Flash suppressor or suppressor;
    - Underbarrel Grenade Launcher;

Secondary: Commissioner
    - Darklight Flashlight;

- Max Grenade Bandolier (frags).
    - Max Jump Jets.
    - Regeneration implant (same reason as OP).
    - 2x C4.

It suits my needs for versatility and allows me not to rely on a single tactic that I would try to use in every situation. Is there a sundy to destroy? 2 bricks (and 2 underbarrel grenades if I can't wait for it to slowly burn down) and every non-shielded sundy is out of the game. If not, C4 is obviously best for MAXes and dispatching clustered enemies.
    Grenades can do a miracle if used with good timing and accuracy but even when used with less skill/luck they can do some nice chaos or even redirect enemy flow temporarily.
    Underbarrel grenade is always nice to scare a MAX (or kill an already damaged one) or to OHK infantry which happens quite a lot. In larger battles where I have an easy access to ammo pacs I'm using it more often.
    Commie is reliable in the heat of battle when my Solstice battery is out and I like it with a flashlight to uncover those Stalkers and Infils in general. Disadvantage is (in my opinion) that due to its extremely slow RoF and magazine size, Commie can be easily countered by that ADADAD-dance I hate so much ;)

Sometimes I change my loadout slightly when there is a need for it. For example when I know I will be destroying Sundies or even armor, I take my crossbow with explosive bolts and change my Solstice SF to Pulsar C, because with a crossbow I don't need an underbarrel launcher and Pulsar has better DPS (however I don't quite like its recoil while ADSing). Also, firing crossbow when well-hidden, can sometimes scare MAXes out of their good position if I'm out of C4.

I tried to use the combination of HV/NV scope and smoke grenades, especially to breaching rooms with a lot of enemies inside, just to throw a C4 and maybe shoot someone, but this tactic failed me a lot due to two simple facts:
    - You can still dorito-spot through the smoke.
    - Smoke doesn't cover well from players playing on minimum settings.
    If this two things would ever be changed, storming rooms in smoke cloud would be a nice tactic (however if it worked, there would surely be people running with HV/NV all the time ;)).
  3. Iridar51

Pretty much any LA loadout including Regeneration implant and C4 is good for lonewolfing, though I don't see much point in artificially separating yourself from your allies in a way that prevents you from getting ammo / medical attention should you need it.
  4. Dualice

Good point about the light assault's effectiveness for shock tactics. It's my most-played class and probably the one I have the most fun with. My loadout when soloing generally goes as follows:

Primary: LC2 Lynx (1x reflex sight, ALS, SPA, suppressor if the range/situation allows) OR
    Secondary: TX2 Emperor (laser sight, suppressed. Better per-shot damage and effective range than most other TR sidearms, and still decent fire rate)

2x C4 for taking care of MAXes and dopey vehicles
    Nanoweave IV (still haven't justified the 1000 certs to max it)
    Jump jets V (still haven't justified the 500 certs to max it)
    Regeneration implant

I guess Nanoweave isn't the best choice for a unit that relies on surprise, but it seemed the best option from what was available. I don't find any LA grenades useful enough to warrant grenade bandolier, same with ACP, as I can just go perch somewhere incognito when I need shields to recharge.

I also switch between the TRS-12 pump action shottie for "very close" range, and the T5 AMC for med-long range.
  5. Metalsheep

Personally I run:

Trac-5S Underbarrel Smoke/Suppressor/IRNV/SPA
    Hunter QCX IRNV

Jump Jets
    Grenade Bandoleer 2x Smoke Grenades
    C4
    Regeneration

I try to stay above an enemy position, drop a Smoke Grenade on them, then pick all of the blinded players off with my IRNV/Suppressed weapons.
  6. Saool

When I am not leading or taking part in a Trident squad, this is exactly the style of play I go for, only as a HA. I will happily take detours around base to attack from the opposite side to everyone else, whilst hunting snipers along the way. To that end the Betelgeuse has been a godsend to me.

I can only imagine the Eclipse would be the same for good Vanu LAs (of which I am not).

Ah, if only I could slap a suppressor on the Battlegoose like you can on an Orion...

I just love Hossin for this style of play.
  7. Sierra331

Lone Wolf or better yet, two-man tanker team on a full certed out Titan-150 AP Vanguard can be pretty potent, especially if you make use of maximum range.

Add a Halberd or a Canister Shot for your choice of AT/AI power.
    Vanguard Shield is a 100% Must-Have no exceptions.
    Your choice of defensive options, I personally use armored side skirts because of the potential of flanking lightnings and other tanks or AT trying to hit me there.
    Add a Rival Combat Chassis for better armor frontal armor facing capability.

If you do it right, you should feel like Brad Pitt and his crew from Fury.
  8. miraculousmouse

Serpent, VX6-7, or GD7F (on NC) with 1x reflex, foregrip, SPA. I omit the laser sight because I use ADS 90 percent of the time with carbines, and the other 10 percent the carbine's natural hipfire is amazing even without the laser. The forward grip helps with that control at medium ranges where I'll be rapidly bursting targets.

Commisioner with laser sight - helps with those quick double taps in case the hitreg goes buggy and i end up wasting a mag into a shielded heavy, or if i killed another dude and that shielded heavy pops up right after.

Jump Jets over Drifters obviously

Nanoweave 5 - I like the added 250 health points it gives, the shield regen speed isn't much of a problem like it is on a class like heavy assault right on the ground. In the past I've been able to jetpack onto the side of a building after taking fire on the roof, and continue my killing streak by taking out the surprised enemy through the window, while my shields were down. The potential to kill never stops with LA.

Frag grenade - To soften up groups before I waste my carbine into them.

Medkits - I just use them over C4 due to personal preference. I realize you can look at the regeneration implant the same way you look at shield regeneration with nanoweave on LA. Just fly away and wait for the points to come back while your enemies look for you (and fail). I only use them to regen health in emergency situations where I'd otherwise die if I was uselessly pressing on a button. :D