Best community ever!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgwee, Jun 20, 2014.

1. omfgwee

Hello guys! My name is Georgi (aka George in eng). I play games for 7 hours per day minimum (up to 20 hours if i have all my day free) for 17 years now. I have played many many games thru all this years, also i play online games since they existed.

The point of this thread is to express how surpriced i'm by PS2 community. I play PS2 for 2 weeks now and i can tell you yhis is the most polite community i have seen in my gamer career. No one curse, no one is mean to no one, everyone write and act polite. If i get shot by my faction the guy always pm me 'sry bro' or something.

If i c4 enemy tank they never curse at me or wish me cancer, even sometimes they congratulate me. Everyone talk respectfully. Yesterday a guy smash mu harraser with his tank, he said sry , left his tank, repaired mine and made me a way so i can continue to my destination. I have never imagined somethink like this can ever happend in game community.

Believe me i have played tons of online games and i can say with no regrets that you guys are the best!

P.s. sry fot my bad english.t
    • Up x 12
  2. T0x1s

Are you high?
    • Up x 10
  3. Paragon Exile

Wait a day.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ken Photon

I wouldn't put it like that... But yeah. I'll say that you, the OP, and I have had different experiences in this community. It's true that we don't have people cursing up a storm (most of the time) and wishing people to die and all, but we have our moments.

For a prime example, look at most liberator threads. Things get very heated, and many insults are thrown. Have a look.

I'd say that we do have a rather large share of more thoughtful gamers in the game, but that's probably because it's not too popular (yet) and it's sold to be a more tactical game, which would thereby attract more cerebral players. Sometimes.
  5. Caserion

When i was capping a base with no enemies, i told my friend to drop ammo so he could gain exp while i shot 1 bullet and reloaded the whole time.

One dude BR 70 of our team showed up, killed us both and called us cheaters for making use of the system...

I still don't even know what the hell his problem was.
  6. MasonSTL

In game PS2 does have one of the best communities out there, Forumside on the other hand....
    • Up x 5
  7. IamDH

I actually agree with the OP here. The planetside community is actually very good if you compare them to others
    Yeah there are occasional nerf wars & arguments on the forums but it never really turns into name calling or harassment.
    • Up x 2
  8. STR1D3R109

Yeah avoid the forums man :3

I pretty much play the game solely just in my outfit with teamspeak, we have great times and events ;P
  9. IamDH

Thats a bannable offense, its called stat padding. You're lucky he didnt report you
    • Up x 2
  10. omfgwee

Well forums are made for discusion, its normaly to heat up sometimes. If community can stay polite ingame and discus everythink in forum then job well done guys.
  11. Umrtvovacz

HE IS EUROPEAN!

This is how we behave on European servers guys. Nothing new here, move along.
    • Up x 2
  12. FABIIK

Was he a TR and had a commissar hat on ?

They get XP for doing things like that. Someone has to enforce discipline.
    • Up x 2
  13. bubbacon

I like this post. We all have a stake in this game. Friend or Foe, we all want to have a good experience and look foreword to meeting each other again on the battle field.

If your constantly wrecking a new player, send them a good nature post and let them know what they can do to improve. Play the game the right way with maturity and humility.

I was lucky when I first started. Man, I couldn't wait to fly an ESF! Well...I got owned...a lot obviously. I never raged or sent hate tells, but I did consider putting the game down and move on to something else; however, that same ESF pilot that was owning me from another faction sent me a very kind tell. He further went on to log in his ALT on my faction and spent several hours with me in the VR room helping me improve.

That player's maturity and kindness went a long way with me. I hope all ppl that start playing PS2 are as fortunate as I was. Its a great game.
    • Up x 2
  14. Aegie

Much better community in PS2 than many other games, that is for sure. Recently reinstalled Tribes Ascend and had to uninstall because I do not even want to be associated with many of the people still playing that game.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Yep, I do this.
    I tell them if they keep coming out the same door and running the same path, they will keep dying from my bullets to their face. :)
    Or letting them know I am a heavy and running right at me with their infiltrator with a pistol out is a bad bad plan. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  16. Plunutsud pls

Playing games for 20 hours a day?

Y'all postin in a troll thread.
  17. VonStalin

Yes, community in this game is pretty good.
  18. Sulsa

Great OP. Great replies. Great thread.

I will go one step further and say that in another year (give or take) when 50% of the servers have been shut down and merged and the only players are the ones that truly love the epic scope and teamwork of this game, that it will be an even better time to be playing than now.
  19. omfgwee

Never seen realy passioned gamer? Thats me! And i'm not joking at all. If i have full free day and on next day i'm not at work i hit 20 hours sesion. Usualy 1 of this 20 is afk cuz i have to eat but i'm trying to do somethink while eating like shooting from turret or placing mines with engi on next base that will be attacked or throwing amo in big battles for afk xp
  20. Codex561

He was talking about the actual ingame community. For the last um... 4-5 months my mother was only insulted once and nobody wished me cancer.