Best Attachments for the SMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Imposer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Imposer

So far I've spent 130 certs on my SMG. I got a Reflex Sight and Extended Magazine. With my VS Eridani only having 25 ammo per mag combined with it's fast fire rate I find the Extended Mag to be extremely useful. Most other times I would have gotten the Reflex x2 but I figured it's a cqc weapon. What do you guys have on your SMG's and what do you find most useful?
  2. AccelPrime

Same setup. Bought advanced laser, but 25 bullets is simply too few to hold out properly in CQC.
  3. Imposer

Think the flash suppresor would be worth it? Or something else?
  4. AntiDemocide

Suppresor, 1x reflex and extended maganize. I play TR so the 987 RPM needs more ammo.
  5. Zan_Aus

Extended mag is a complete no-brainer, means you can cut down 2 people before an ammo swap if you are careful.

Suppressor, Extended Mag, a couple of diff sights for different circumstances.
  6. DJPenguin

suppose it depends on class but playing LA i only bothered getting the extended mag. NC ironsights are nice.
  7. Lakora

Suppressor, Reflex, Adv. Laser...

The Adv laser seemed like a no-brainer and I'm having no problem with the low ammo count can easily kill two people if not more if I'm lucky... But considering the love for extended mag I might give it a try when I got enough certs to spare.
  8. Dubious

Suppressor and IRNV for now
    Prolly get extended mag next
    You wont be using the scope in CQC, unless you get the jump on them and then I prefer to see what im shoot at and thats why I also got IRNV on my shotty..
  9. EViLMinD

Recommended attachments for NC CM & LA:
    2x reflex optics, advanced laser and compensator. Not sure about soft-point ammo yet.

For my Inf, I plan to try out ext mag, NV optics and suppressor. I suspect that I'll soon be retiring my Stalker.

My sense is that you really can't go wrong with 1x, 2x or NV optics. Whatever your preference is. I usually go for 2x when I can.
  10. GamerOS

Increased Magazine Capacity
    Silencer
    1x Reflex Sight

Have been using that all day and it has been awesome.

The tight COF from the hip on default is already tight enough for most fights.
    Anything else the 1x is good enough.
    And since I got a silencer there is no point for increased magnification.

This is on my LA mostly, sneaking around, ambushing from roofs, etc.
  11. Louis Farrakhan

for infiltrators, get laser dot instead of ext rounds.

you only have time to kill 1 guy before others react.
    • Up x 1
  12. GImofoJoe

You only need extended mag and IR scope. Compensator will nerf hip fire and the gun is already good at hip firing so laser isn't needed. Soft pt ammo if you got extra cert, not necessary though.

With the Buff, I think shotgun is still superior short range, but SMG give you a bit more range.
    [IMG]
  13. Dubious

Infiltrators are only supposed to take out 1 target at a time..
    So, dont go rushing in to kill a bunch of people..
    Not that cloak help that much, but it helps a little