Best 5 NC LMG's?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gobbu, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Gobbu

I want to work towards GODSAW and I was wondering if anybody can recommend the best 5 LMG's to buy. And also state what attachments & purpose each recommended gun is good for. Thanks.
  2. IVANPIDORVAN

while u waiting for answer u can start to aurax Anchor
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkStarAnubis

GD-22s.

It is "almost" like the Anchor but cheaper, with a tad less RoF and no dedicated ammo options, snappy reload and easy to use.

So start with that one, get your ~1100 kills and then switch to the Anchor.
    • Up x 3
  4. Campagne

In my opinion, ordered best to worst:
    1. EM6
    2. LA1 Anchor
    3. NC6 Gauss SAW
    4. GD-22S
    5. EM1
    The EM1 can be substituted with the Promise pretty easily but I wouldn't recommend it personally. Don't use the SAW S. I would describe it as the Magscatter of LMGs.

For attachments, I'd say grips on everything, compensator for the EM6 & SAW, suppressor for the EM1, and soft point ammo for the EM1 & Anchor.

Overall you're mostly going to be suited for mid range combat the most, with some effectiveness in shorter ranges with the EM6, Anchor, GD-22S, and EM1/Promise and longer ranges with the EM6 and SAW. Too far away for your enemy to hipfire tends to work fairly well for these guns in my experience. Most LMGs just aren't super geared for CQC compared to other weapon types.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gobbu

Thanks for the responses.

So grips on all LMG's? No laser sights for the accurate hipfire ones like Anchor or GD-22S?
  6. Johannes Kaiser

One does not simply hipfire NC LMGs.
    Or rather, One does not when not ABSOLUTELY required for some odd reason (like the enemy is 0.1 m before you and you can't possibly miss, and you need to react that short time faster it'd take to scope).
    • Up x 2
  7. Liewec123

I've grown to enjoy Promise, I've never been great at bursting,
    so it's nice to have a LMG that gets more accurate the longer that you fire it XD
    also the recoil is soooo low!

I'd probably say our best LMG is the trusty SAW though!

There are actually a few (like anchor) which work like SMGs and are great hip fire machines :D
    I run my Promise with a laser sight for those in you face encounters,
    and win most from ADAD spam while hipfiring :D
  8. LodeTria

Imo you should use laser sights of every NC LMG, even the SAW. Many of the NC recoil patterns are almost vertical so the Side-to-side counter of grips isn't as useful, since it's easier to get used to that type of recoil. Laser sights however give you an advantage you cannot ever use skill to compensate for, as no amount of pro-ness will reduce hipfire CoF.
  9. pnkdth

1. EM6 (with extended magazine + whatever. Ever wondered how the BG would feel if it couldn't overheat? Incredible for point holds/pushes and AMAZINGLY AWESOME for flanking)
    2. Anchor (I prefer grip because I ADS in almost every encounter)
    3. SAW (kit it out and master the stutter-step dance for that "I can hit a mosquito from 150 yards" accuracy. Also, works surprisingly well without grip and with laser sight instead)
    4. EM1 (do not be fooled by its DPS since the weird quirk of its min-max damage + SPA makes it deadly not just through DPS but also because it is more accurate than most other close range LMGs).
    5. GD-22S handles like an AR and is forgiving in the way it handles + very fast reload for its damage type. It is also viable with laser sight.
    6. Promise is neat if you want to roleplay as a VS soldier.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xhaleon

The SAW S isn't a bad choice, consider it as a longer distance variant of the EM6. Just like the GD-22S to the Anchor that slight loss of fire rate isn't really that a big deal.

Why not try all of them out in VR? That's the entire purpose of the place. Only problem is no moving targets.
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

I don't really play Heavy, but the GD-22S is a mighty fine option in my opinion.

I would suggest that you either try out different combinations in VR or trial some of the weapons yourself. You may end up getting the weapons people have suggested and find they're not for you.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

in no particular order

gausssaw once decked in attachemeents except ammoslot is a monster at midrange, hard to use though but once mastered .... oooof ...
    gd 22S as the actual starter lmg over the gausssaw
    em 1 - nice easy to use defender highcapacity lmg
    em 6 - as offensive lmg and a bit of jack of all trades imo
    anchor, more or less the upgrade for advanced players to the gd 22s but a bit harder to use but also more dps

can´t say much bout the promise realy .. it feels like another EM variant to me ...
  13. pnkdth

In other words, avoid the SAW S and you'll be fine.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gobbu

I see a lot of people talking about the SAW being hard to master. It's automatic and I just hold the trigger until it's out of ammo or somebody dies.

What's the mastery trick? (Asking honestly not sarcastically)
  15. pnkdth

It isn't particularly hard and often does get overdramatised as being a mythical unruly beast only the best of the best can master. Once you got all the attachments it is really nice weapon. The part which most people refer to is making use of the stand-still 0 CoF. This makes it extremely accurate when standing still but at the same time standing still isn't a good idea since you are easier to hit. So the skill to master is "stutter-step" which essentially means you are on the move but stopping just enough to get the most of that 0 CoF.
  16. Exileant

:confused: Yep. Sneeze with a saw and forget to have the safety on and you kill 50 bunnies minding their own business... :eek: *AK-CHOO* :oops: :( "Oh the lack of humanity....."
    • Up x 1
  17. Campagne

Well really, don't forget the low RoF, high strafing CoF, large bloom, and hefty recoil as well.

Attachments do take the recoil down to manageable levels with a bit of practice, but other than that the weapon's main issues are built in and aren't going to be fixed with attachments.
    • Up x 1
  18. TR5L4Y3R

holding the trigger is exactly what you shouldn´t do with the gauss, bursting or at further ranges learning to merely tap the trigger instead ..
    holding the trigger is what the EM1 is for ..
  19. pnkdth

It also has low RoF which reduces the impact of those unless you hold down the trigger but if you do that you'll struggle with almost any weapon. Point was the SAW isn't that hard to learn but I think you and I have made our opinions/preferences on 200/500 damage weapons quite known at this point, so let us not cross swords (or ancient Roman swords) in this thread.
  20. Campagne

Unfortunately not so. As I've demonstrated before, the bloom still causes CoFs to be larger than any respective counterparts after roughly the same amount of damage has been passed through the barrel. Recoil is punctuated and rough, whereas high RoF weapons tend to have a much smoother recoil.

Sure, we do have differing opinions, but you have to admit low RoF is a significant disadvantage and requires a lot of effort to overcome the various offshoots which accompany it. Maybe it isn't hard to learn persay, but it is harder to use effectively.