Behind-the-Scenes Intel from PlanetSide 2 Devs!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 7, 2014.

1. RadarX

[IMG]

As you look to your left and right, you can tell which members of your squad really understands PlanetSide 2 and its mechanics. They move a little more strategically and seem to exhibit more confidence. Do you wish you could be the same?

What you need is solid intel straight from the folks who are making PlanetSide 2. Watch as developers peel back the layers of complex design behind Hossin’s environment and bases.
    Every Tuesday beginning March 11th at 3:00 PM PT you’ll be able to take this look at how PlanetSide 2 creates content on our Twitch channel. Here is the current schedule (subject to change):

March 11 – Hossin Environment Art with Devin “$1.99 Taco Combo” Lafontaine
    March 18 – Hossin Base Design with Xander Clauss
    March 25 – Hossin Base Design with David “Malron” Bennett
    April 1 – Hossin Base Design with Adam “Arclegger” Clegg

Be sure to subscribe to PlanetSide 2 on Twitch for information on these and other upcoming livestreams and web series.
    • Up x 18
  2. Mcintosh288

Fix that xD
    • Up x 4
  3. Masterofm

Just.... why.

Hossin certainly needs some work though.
  4. TwentyFirstPilot

Hey Gundem! Didn't know you were on the official forums!
  5. Gundem

Why?

For the glory of Satan, of course!
    • Up x 2
  6. Gundem

Me neither :eek:
    • Up x 1
  7. Tathar

Hossin is great and I cant wait for it. BUT Esamir needs more loving after hossin release .bases like new amerish and hossin.
    Lets face it the walled bases are bad.

also replace the crown with a interlink facility :p .

all this said I am super hyped for hossin.
    • Up x 1
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Should be interesting, although the promo seems kinda stupid. No "expert knowlege" will be had from watching these streams. I did enjoy Uber Entertainment's recent Planetary Annihilation development livestream, so maybe I'll give these a shot.
  9. MrJoske

Of course, Clegg got April 1 :p
    • Up x 3
  10. Rizen

how about merging some servers together? Im seriously tired of logging in to find that there is only one platoon up per faction.
    • Up x 1
  11. EzioDevil

I would rather like to see devs fixing those damn 5000 mms ping from 5th March update than this Hossin ****
  12. BDKM

So, are we ever going to get some better drop code for ammo boxes? Like C4!

Encourage those engineers to drop ammo!
  13. CompletelyDeadCoyote

I'm not sure this will be a good idea. Learning to navigate through bases is a game in itself. Giving that for free might be almost like giving away certs in hundreds. Though it's still very interesting.
  14. Eagle6

""March 11 – Hossin Environment Art with Devin “$1.99 Taco Combo” Lafontaine""

...How many 1.99 taco combos did Devin order to get that nickname haha?? sounds like me and my jack in the box tacos. I ordered 60 once....they literally had to put them in bags of 10 in a box for me.
  15. Tyr117

I read a post on esamir here...and the guy is right. Bases like conetraction camps.
  16. BlankFX

And not a single word about PhysX was given that day.
    Luckily I didn't buy a single station cash since the day they buried PhysX, so all I got to say about this is:
    [IMG]
  17. S7rudL

• Up x 1
  18. P4nda

19. Wargamer

In my opinion, nothing, not more guns, not balance, not more continents, takes priority over the issues folks are having with performance in this game. The word, 'optimization' is used often. I've made this observation as many have, although I don't get excellent frames per second, my hardware is radically under utilized. People quit playing planetside 2 because the game runs horribly, this is a lot of what stopped people from playing planetside 1 so long ago, remember planetside 1?

This game still feels like it may have just left alpha and this is the early stages of beta testing. Take notes from the history of planetside 1 on what made it bad and good. A lot of solid dynamics of planetside 1 can easily be adopted into planetside 2.

I don't know who was hired to program this game, but they need to be fired or heavily supplemented. When today's top of the line hardware can't maintain at least 60 frames per second at lowest settings constantly while playing this game, then you know something is wrong.

I want planetside 2 to be awesome, I loved planetside 1.
    • Up x 2
  20. JustDaTip

Praise Malron????