Been a long time coming...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uhlan, Jun 5, 2014.

1. uhlan

Firstly, I apologize to the loyal fans who read this forum and who have continued to plow forward depite the problems. You folks don't need to read another "whine" thread, but I had to get it off my chest as many others have in the past.

Some may say it's pointless as well since this game has been a round awhile and isn't the focus of SOE any longer. That the game is just trying to stay afloat at present and anything involving changing significant gameplay will be completely avoided. Mainly due to the lack of resources.

I don't give a rats *** about the 6 month "newb" who thinks a certain factions weaponry is too "OP" because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke, but I do care about the loyal folks who have stuck it through till now having to deal with the real issues that trouble the game.

I have been a loyal customer since beta and have encouraged as many people as I could to try and promote the game as I have always hoped the powers that be would come 'round with encouraging solutions to keep me playing.

I have been critical of decisions by the devs and have made comments regarding those issues, but only because I really like the game and had high hopes my voice would be counted as constructive... as long as I made some logical sense. I've been mostly ignored as have many others in the past who have had similar complaints.

Despite my best efforts, most people I brought in have left the game frustrated and disappointed.

Not by the games complexity, but but really bad decisions by the devs and inane gameplay issues that go on unattended.

I realize the devs have issues to contend with corporateside and the situation is not entirely on their shoulders, but really, if you have even the slightest hope for the future of this game or have an interest in your loyal player base I'd hope you'd think really hard on the state of the game as it is.

We don't need any more helmets and camos...

Every patch it's the same thing. The turds that got bored come back to the game and continue with the exploits, hacking and harassment that gives them the giggles... that is, until they get bored once again and leave the loyal players who suffer through the mess for a week or so to pick up the pieces.

Most of these things aren't used by the loyal folks and the newbs don't know about them so most of the time things go quite well despite one or two problems. When a significant patch goes live though all the morons who pick the game apart come back to wreck havoc over and over.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard to work around the ingenuity of the player base, but these things have been issues since the game started.

Ok, so you can't control hacking, but you can control exploits (some of you might call them "features", I guess...) and the ridiculous tking that goes on by the few idiots bent on disrupting gameplay or for exploiting by tking maxes and what-not to capture a base. Not to mention the other long standing issues the loyal folks (paying and non-paying) have to contend with.

4th factioning, Air domination during low pop to name just a few of the issues that have remained problems since day one.

I think it really is time to consolidate the characters and just allow one per server. It's time to limit the farming capabilities of air and to a lesser degree, ground vehicles, but without nerfing their gameplay. It's time to stop the rocket primaries ( I have been guilty of this on occasion... out of desperation :() getting out of hand without ruining the rocket as an HA utility. Or trying to make the game MLG competitive without realizing the game is hyped to provide an "Epic" experience. I honestly don't think the two can exist in the same game without dividing the player base into two groups. Not to mention dividing your resources in order to develope a particular focus.

These aren't the only issues, but a few at the base of the "iceberg".

All of this could be done easily, though I realize consolidation of characters is a financial "thing". If you folks cared about the player-base, you'd figure out what to do.

The devs say they care and manipulate little things to try and answer the cries of the loudest here and elsewhere (especially the weapon whiners), but the big problems remain and really need to be amended to keep the game from being the joke of nearly every serious, non-commercial gamer blog I know of.

I enjoy the game much of the time, but my tolerance of the problems is whittled away every time I log in.

*breath*

Ok, now I can go back to work...
  2. Thardus

Every time I read one of these, I wonder what game the OP is playing. Also, just to rebut one think I saw while skimming your mini novel of a post... 4th faction isn't a thing.
  3. ronjahn

This post desperately needs a TLDR.

Seriously though, after reading this post, I have no idea of what your real complaints are.

4th factioning maybe? If so you are mostly imagining it, SOE and many players can provide the stats that show 4th factioning isn't even really occurring.

Hackers? Meh I've seen 2-3 blatant hackers over a 2 year span, most of the hacks that people claim are probably just lag and client side hit detection issues, which brings me to my main point.

Did SOE downgrade the servers or something? If there is anything worth a long rant post like this it is the deterioration of the servers this game is being played on. It has been getting noticeably worse over the past month. A large chunk of my outfit simply refuses to play now when they are constantly getting killed 3-5 seconds after they already killed an enemy or a few seconds after rounding the corner. Yes these things were always in game, but it definitely has gotten worse over the recent past.
    • Up x 1
  4. KnightCole

AMEN to this one...its why the game is currently uninstalled on my PC with no intent to play it again.....which is sad cuz I actually kinda liked PS2 overall....its a neat, cool, nice handling shooter game...but the hit detect.......hotdamn...
  5. palto1826

did anyone else get the Sick Puppies stuck in their head after reading the title?
  6. Pikachu

Wait wvat KnkghtXole is no longer plahing? :eek: wvh do hou still have ghat sig then?