Battle rifle attachment: "Laser Dot"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheEvilBlight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. TheEvilBlight

Funny, the rest of PS2 has Laser Sights.

Statline?
  2. TheEvilBlight

Has anyone bought this attachment?
  3. DankFist

Why would you want a Laser sight on a Battle Rifle?
  4. Grotpar

Why not?

It's not like the other attachments do anything.
    At least the laser sight would improve your hipfire slightly.

Now if it's worth dropping 100 certs for..
    I wouldn't do it.
  5. VexTheRaven

SOE needs to fire whoever is in charge of the string files. I can't remember which weapon it was but one of the new weapons have a different format to the others. Like, seriously? They couldn't look to see what the other strings said? "Oh, I can''t remember... I'll just wing it and hope I get it right!"
    • Up x 1
  6. TheEvilBlight

Someone forgot a # in front of the battle rifle. I comment thee out to oblivion!
  7. DankFist

aside from wasted certs, you'll be at a severe disadvantage trying to hipfire that thing.
  8. Rusky

I have it on my Warden. Not that I use it much but I wanted to see if it can be used to hipfire.

It can, it's not half bad actually since it does a ton of damage at that range (going by feeling here i think it can kill with 4-5 body shots).
    Of course you'll still stand no chance when faced with a bullethose or shotgun in cqc (unless you're some kind of hipfire headshot god)
  9. Grotpar

Sometimes it's better to hipfire even a battle rifle.

I hipfire my semi-auto scout rifle all the time.
    But that weapon doesn't suck. So yeah.
  10. TheEvilBlight

Rusky, my question is if the "Laser Dot" has the same statline as the laser sight. It's possible that if it's written in as a separate object, it may have a better, worse or same statline as the more popular laser sight.
  11. Rusky

I doubt it has different stats. In game it seems to do the same (ie. reduce the reticle cone when not ADS).