[Suggestion] Battle bus. hills & sunderer driver entertainment.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 14, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

1) By default I'd say most the playerbase wants sunderers to have default better hill climbing without having to spec a hill climbing spec. enough with sunderers sliding down hills.

Most sunderers only use speed spec, who uses turning spec? So sunderers only really have one useful driving spec. I don't really use turning spec for harasser either, racer has its uses over daredevil for esamir sometimes, some advocate for turning spec for harassers, for a few niches. Still would prefer a drifter spec over a niche turning spec. The difference is harassers have turbo to utiliize a turning spec. Sunderers won't have turbo. Less they toss a turbo spec?

2) Blockade armor doesn't need c4 resist for sunderers at least. Tanks may need it; yet sunderers won't.
    Sunderers don't really get c4'ed; while driving; since the driver has nothing to do but drive. & if you need c4 resist then just get deployment shield. Why mention erasing c4 resist? so they may add something else to blockade armor for movement support.

3) Entertainment for sunderer drivers. Example; why were the boats for oshur not as fun to drive as harassers are? Well boats don't get to jump, dodge as fast, ect. The boats had a launcher; yet the devs didn't see that the real entertainment for the infantry launcher wasn't for the infantry to launch themselves; yet for the boat to launch the infantry. So would have been better for the driver to have the option of where to trebuchet launch infantry. Why is this important; because you gave the driver one less thing to do; thus making boat driving even more boring than it has to be.

Why mention this for sunderers? Because the driving experience of the sunderer is just as stale; with similar speeds; as boat driving oshur is. So if you know how to make boats more fun, then you know how to make sunderers more fun to drive. However I'm not suggesting them to spend funds on making boats better to drive. Just that; similar to boats; sunderers don't drift; don't launch infantry as the driver; & don't evade enemy fire good enough.

4) Thus drifting; hill traction; ramming shields; making sunderers have a melee spec to flip or damage enemy vehicles tanks by ramming them; snare nets the driver gets to mortor shoot; giving harasser or sunderer drivers a timer missile rocket to shoot. Once per 30 seconds. Abilities. & driving styles.

5) Turbo spec for sunderer? Maybe a alternative version of repair sunderer spec; where you keep the regular repair aoe for one spec; yet have a 2nd spec for a sunderer repair mode that only works for 1 ally you aim at at a time; yet repairs more than the regular aoe to all mode.

6) Ultimately it's about driving style, drifting, jumping, hill climbing, and " if " the sunderer is fun to drive; & has room for skill level, then last it's about giving the driver abilities while moving. battle bus.

reason why I wish harasser has a 6 speed shift or some way for expanded skill lvl needed other than just turbo only; least a tokyo drift spec. Any alternative driving spec would be awesome. Fine tuning the turning spec, plus adding a 2nd drift spec?

I'd toss sunderers that trebuchet launcher that boats have, to throw infantry. & the driver gets to launch the team for them, just the driver gets to set how far, where, and high to yeet infantry. The driver throws, fyi they don't throw themselves.

Sunderer is a team oriented vehicle. So the question for the devs is; what ability other than just repair aoe; would work well for nearby proximity of mass ally sunderers?

Anything mentioned doesn't have to delay the sunderer slot update; just that if a part 2 update for sunderer happens; here's some info.
  2. ganthercage

Nice suggestions !