BASIC TRAINING??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Multispastic

"Kill 3 enemy's with a reaver, scythe or mosquito"

This should be under "super advanced mega bastaerd annoyance training" surely?

the flight controls are so horrible in this game that i literally cannot be bothered wasting my time to learn them ( been playing on and off since beta) as even if i could fathom the backwards nonsense that is flying in ps2 it would frustrate me beyond belief every single time.....

DEVS - new players dont fly more than 10 mins coz its ********...ive played loads of fps games with flying in and this is by far the most ******** flying system EVER..its horrible.
    • Up x 2
  2. Eternaloptimist

Do this one in VR training, then when you crash and burn (as I do frequently) at least it won't affect you stats and no one will be trying to shoot you down
  3. Pikachu

Whats so strange about the flying?
  4. Bindlestiff

If you are having a hard time flying (like me) and / or die within seconds of an actual engagement (again like me) then you may be pleased to know that base turrets count as enemies from what I recall. Pick a quiet continent and your woes are solved.
    • Up x 1
  5. Moz

Took me about 25 seconds with some lolpods.....

And i cannot fly for ****.... The ESF are the ultimate kill grinding machine even if you cant fly very well.
  6. toast2250

PS2 flying in nutshell.

Its pretty horrible for new players.

I need to go to Koltyr and training sometimes, I would imagine them losing players just there right at the start from annoying tasks and smurfing.
  7. Pikachu

I never use roxked pods. :D AH is the onlu weapon on my reaver. Cant live without fuel tanks.
    • Up x 1
  8. Greiztoph

I quite enjoy the flying to be honest but I spent three days a year or two ago doing nothing but learning how to fly.
  9. customer548

Flying. This thing on top of my list of "Most important things i have to do in game ASAP" since 3 years.
  10. Mezinov

I've never understood everyone saying that flight in this game is backwards, or hard, or difficult.

It feels -exactly- the same as Battlefield to me. Maybe its because I spent most my Battlefield fly time whoring it up in the Choppers?
  11. Iridar51

You don't need reverse maneuver to get 3 kills in ESF =\
  12. Moridin6

yeah i have no prob;em doing the flying, its more the avoiding enemy i have an issue with :)
  13. Taemien

Since its doable in the VR, I don't see the issue.
  14. Respawn

As others have mentioned, VR training is your friend!
    Flying in PS2 can be very fun, but by far has the highest learning curve of any other combat type in the game.
  15. Multispastic

Its ******** because to do a BASIC 180 degree turn i have to do - mouse left/right../ up/up/up fall off the mouse mat/ up up = ******
  16. Pikachu

What do you expect it to be like? Its like a real life air plane simplified. The jet engine pushes the aircrft forward and you bend those little tjings on the wings to change direction
  17. zaspacer

Well, MUCH worse than the actual difficult flight controls, is that starting ESFs only have high skill A2A Noseguns to kill with. These beginner pilots are being asked to defeat experienced Pilots running stacked Loadouts to get those 3 kills.

If starting ESFs had Rocket Pods or Light PPA, killing 3 enemies would be VERY easy for them: fly to a small fight, or fight your Faction is zerging, find an enemy Infantry, then spam them with Rockets or PPA for the easy kill.
  18. toast2250

You don't do A2A in PS2, to many elitists and or ganking going on.

Air would be great if there would be destroyable resource nodes or something worthwhile scouting and destroying since you cover a large area in small amount of time.

In Total Annihilation small air force in the beginning is a must on a large map when the opponent begins building undefendedable extractors around the map.
  19. Peebuddy

It's nice to get out of your comfort zone every now and then. Even if it is only for 3 kills

Pull something other than a heavy for once
  20. Tycoh

Don't bother with flying in this game, it's quite terrible and it's not worth the huge amount of time wasted "training" to get gud. You'll rake up more certs and experience if you avoid aircraft all together.

Plus all basic training kills count in the VR.

All i can respectfully say is ''No."