[Suggestion] Basic cqc infill tweak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by wonkyness, Jan 11, 2017.

1. wonkyness

reduce infiltrator running hip fire (probably only for smgs)
    In light of the light assault patch which made there flying hip-fire the same as walking.

To elaborate/justify
    Infiltrators are agile and so the speed of which they stop running and start shooting should be superior to other classes using the same weapon.

Another suggestion is to allow placement of tools while clocked, you can run so why not put something on the ground, would make the action take twice as long and would make you shimmer as much as crouch walking.
  2. Kanelbullen300

doesn't seem that bad to me
  3. Sharkasaur

but smg hipfires are already really good as it is, you can easily engage up to 10-15m with hipfire alone with most smgs. What would be the point of buffing this play style even further?
  4. wonkyness

Im not so sure what I was thinking when i said the hip-fire bit, must have been after playing on a rocky surface and jumping.
  5. Sharkasaur

If that's the case then I don't think there's a way to do what you're suggesting. The LA change was actually made to carbines, i.e. anyone who can use carbines benefited from the COF buff, i.e. engineers. It's just that the engineers don't get to fly, so the effect wasn't as noticeable outside of the LA usecase.

If a similar change was made to SMGs, then you're gonna have heavies hopping around headshotting people with SMGs.
  6. Naaahhhhh

The smg cof from the hip is already nearly 0.
    A better way to buff the infiltrator would be to increase the movement speed of the infiltrator by 10 %.
    Would be a fair trait off for the missing 100 hp.
    Also it would encourage infiltrators to flank.
  7. PanzerGoddess

....or you could just change your type of cloak to .....run faster lol, it exists.

We don't need to run faster than anyone else, we have plenty of options that make up for the missing 100hp.