Based on the number of negative NS Swarm comments...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Jolanar, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Haquim

That is false - in the video you can clearly see him turn away from the target, fire the rocket high in the air and it still homes in and hits. While he is in "hipfire" mode and even reloading it.
    The Striker 1.5 needed to maintain the lock, and that alone made the more dangerous to yourself than the target, especially if the target was airborne.
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

as I said, I hadn't tested this, and I hadn't checked out the video. Any comment on the rest of my post?
  3. OldMaster80

I had bought the Striker the first day it came out so I ve tried all its different iterations. And I-m one of those that agreed the Striker 1.0 needed to be nerfed. Well I can grant the Swarm is basically the Striker 1.0 with very little difference. It s even worse because once you have the lock you can just turn the launcher away and release a missile. It will hit anyway.

The only downside of this rocket launcher is supposed to be that the first fire more is more precise but rockets should be dodgeable, while with the second rockets are faster but less precise.

In both cases it s ******** because not every aircraft is agile and fast enough to dodge rockets. Maybe ESFs at their tops speed are, but surely Liberators and Valkyries are not. In case of the Valkyrie {the vehicle I pilot more often} you can actually dodge rockets if you have max Evasive Frame, while you re just no mobile enough to do that with Hover Frame. You simply cant avoid being hit, and whats even worse is that 99% of Valkyries cannot have Flares equipped because the Utility Slot is occupied by Squad Logistic System. All the evasive maneuvering you re forced to do trying to avoid rockets and to eventually show your belly to rockets source make even harder for passengers and gunner to fight.

Then of course most of ground vehicles will be unable to avoid those rockets. Harassers will love to frustrate the Swarm users, all the others will cry like the first days the Striker has been implemented.

And guess whats the worst part? No one is testing the Swarm seriously. Today 12.30 CET population on PTS was ME, no one else. Meaning it will probably be released in this state. And devs already said they expect at least 2 weeks of crying then people will get used to it.
    All pilots are going to take it in their backs. And TR are going to take it twice.

Probably because they had developed animation and mechanics for the Striker 1.0, so this was a low hanging fruit. They could recycle it very fast and prepare another OP weapon to sell for a few months before nerfing it again.
    • Up x 3
  4. Demigan

Yeah I was also alone today on the PTS. I assumed the missiles would actually be dodgeable or out-runnable as the description suggest, if not, then the missiles need their speed and agility altered so you can either outrun them or dodge them
  5. Jolanar

I think all other things aside, we really need to consider the negative effect this weapon is going to have on air vehicles. Am I the only one who notices that air armadas will appear and then instantly disappear? Is it by design that air vehicles are not supposed to live as long as armor or infantry? Adding another lock-on launcher only further discourages air vehicles from doing anything but running cover fire for low flying Galaxies and Liberators or providing a spawn platform at maximum altitude via Galaxy.

The air game is already so niche, need we alienate it any further?
    • Up x 1
  6. Citizen H

Air was intended to counter ground vehicles. Tank convoy? Send in some Libs and ESF with rockets and Tank Busters to pop it. Infantry, with their launchers and lower visibility on the ground, was supposed to counter air. Rock beats scissors beat paper beats rock.

The problem is, they made air really crappy at taking out armor and really good at taking out clustered infantry. Plus, Burster MAX and AA launchers didn't do the job at securing airspace. So they buffed infantry's ability to deter air, but not air's ability to take out ground armor. So then, when air tried to take out infantry, AA destroyed them. When air tried to take out ground armor, AA destroyed them. With no counter, armor got out of control. The response to that? Buff air's anti-ground armor capabilities? Nope! Seal off bases to ground armor. WTF?

What is the place of air now? Nobody seems to know. Tankers and infantry don't want it to be able to kill either of them and there's no control points in the sky.
    • Up x 2
  7. Jolanar

I wish libs could actually kill vehicles. I also think that a couple of smart ESF pilots should be able to take out tanks.
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

Three or four rocket pods used to be able to decimate anything just after the end of formal Beta, even if it were hits to Front Armor.
    They actually reduced Air's ability to take out Ground targets, dropping from near instantaneous to "some effort." Hornets are somewhat representative of what individual rocket pod launches used to feel like against Armor, but their magazine size and ROF paces the damage better.
    • Up x 2
  9. Erendil

I reallyreallyreally wish that they'd give us an NS Flaklet launcher rather than the Swarm. Think something like a half-strength Burster arm, but with a much shorter range.

Flaklet would give us more AA variety for all three factions, while preserving the Striker's uniqueness and would cut down on the amount of lockon cheese that pilots have to deal with.
  10. CMDante

Yeah, no, this is dumb. Striker was too OP for TR and rather than tone the damage down they completely break it for years. Then along comes what the Striker -should- have been nerfed to in the beginning. I usually try to support the devs, but this is a bunch of ********. A great example of shafting the TR because the NC and VS cried.
    • Up x 2
  11. RedArmy

new NS things comming out also as an insult to the TR:
    NS Collossus, twin barreled MBT (prowler)
    NS AutoPistol, (T4 amp)
    • Up x 1
  12. Steza

Maybe NS will be replacing TR as a faction lol.

They should give the striker some big love and make it a more viable option then the swarm. If and when the colossus comes out the prowler should receive 4 barrels! or cut a barrel off the colossus and give it two secondary guns. The auto pistol not overly worried about as long as a shotgun pistol makes the rounds as well.
  13. TheRunDown

The Swarm is how the Striker should of been, but so many people complained about the TR empire having a multi shot "Lock On" weapon, but I guess it's ok if it's a Multi fire lock on weapon if all 3 empires have it?

Any way, the current Striker needs changing. For Instance, I think it should trace ground targets and not just have more damage buffed to ground targets, and I also thing the Scope shouldn't make a S&%$ bit of difference to the CoF scoped or unscoped.. and they should add actual lock on if you use the Scope on Air Craft..

Tracer Unscoped Ground or Air, Lock on Scoped Air only.

The fact VS have duplicate TR weapons and Abilities just shows how much of unimaginative A&%@$%&S the Devs are against TR anyway.. ZoE is Overdrive from PlanetSide 1, because Anchor mode is useless indoors, so they gave us Overdrive.. but I guess someone (probably Higby) didn't know that, as most of the PlanetSide 2 Devs NEVER played PlanetSide.. and I guess that makes it OK..

Most TR don't actually use Anchor Mode for Prowler or MAX, it just gets you killed when you try and use it, it's only good when we have the Zerg advantage and a nice hill to sit on to Lay in to the spawn room with HE, or AP in one of the very rear instances where there is Cover Plus hill/mount between you and the enemy.

Not to be salty, but after two years playing TR, there is only so much BS you can take, while we have all the good things taken away, making TR the go to Empire to Farm, because NC and VS hate firing each other when this game is a "Scoreboard" game, and forcing people to farm to get silly things like Implants and Certs, while somewhere in-between Cert Farming you save enough Certs to unlock weapons and abilities, while buying Implants and Crafting charges..

I bet when our new AV weapon comes out, the Forums will cry for a Nerf even though it has the lowest damage and TTK.. just because we have a weapon we can use now at long range and defend ourselves from weapons we couldn't before.. Remember the Fractures? Those were good right? Shame they turned in a to useless pile of &%@ on each arm. While Ravens ravages us for months.. and only recently got nerfed..
    • Up x 2
  14. Nogrim313

if the forums ***** about it, it must be true right....