base captures whats your view on them

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nonefoyourbussiness, Apr 14, 2013.

1. nonefoyourbussiness

been thinking about this for while now and wondering what others think.

the time it takes to capture small bases vs larger ones like tech plants etc. me personly I think the big bases are tuned ok maybe little to fast.

but small bases are way off in my opinion they capture so fast you barely have time to react. example on eshimir to night was headed to jagers fist. < think thats the name> anyway my flash was on cd nobody would stop so ran. in time took me to run from that base to the next one north. the base was captured just before i got there.

This got me to thinking and paying more attention a good squad can flip a base in matter of minutes. Now that got me to thinking as it doesn't realy give time to react. I am thinking its setup this way to sooth the instant gratification factor. By letting you cap thos bases before the enemy can respond makes you think you did something and gives the team you took it from something to take back.

personly as an old ps1 vet i liked the old hack and hold method 15 min nothing i rember more fondly then holding the cc in a base while the timer runs 15 min gave the enemy plenty of time to respond even counter attack. which always made it more intresting.

with current mechanics it just doesnt have the feel of acoplishment it did in ps1. when I am part of group that caps a base it realy doesnt give me that feeling that we did something. its just kinda blah in my mind and realy meaning less

what does everyone else think you happy with current speed of caps or do you crave more challenge?