Bad performance? What are you on about?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilsooty, May 27, 2013.

1. Macchus

yeah so mnay times the games been "playable " but i die because of fps drops or just low fps not allowing me to keep on target as easy ... i mean ts fine for long range really , but anything up close when your in a busy situation and fps is low is a bad time for me lol...

so many gunfights lost .... damn you shoddy performnce !!
  2. Macchus

lol at 50% render and 1000 render distance .... 75% is the lowest ill go , and 2000 is also the lowest ill go , altho the fact that nothing renders out that far except facilities and geography i may not need it at 2000 anymore , it was more because i was always losing my way lol and i needed landmarks ossmetime when i got disoriented . now its not an issue so i may play around with lowere render distance .
  3. DrunkenDoughnuts

50% rendering is fun. It's like playing an old pixelated DOS game on DX9, lol. I did download put most of my settings back up to medium except for flora, ambient occlusion, and shadows are still off, but everything else is medium. Performance is about the same, and it still drops to the same levels in massive fights, but 30FPS in a huge battle on medium is a lot better looking than 30FPS in a huge battle on ultra low 50% rendering, at least..
  4. ent|ty

Unless you have an 8-core AMD... then you might as well be running a hamster wheel.
  5. LahLahSr

There is some usable advice in this thread when it comes to tweaking your PC.

To add to that, I strongly recommend looking at the super-small app called "Timer Resolution", which you can easily find by Googling it. With a single click you can improve CPU performance.

However, regardless of your PC and the tweaks, it remains that the PS2 servers just weren't performance tested/scaled/tuned to handle both the condensation of players by the lattice combined with full population.

I hear unanimous cursing too frequently over outfit chat - and I'm part of a pretty large outfit with some very tech-savvy PC tweakers in it - to write all the performance issues up to tweaking and PC hardware shortcomings.

So, in response to the OP..that is what we are all "on about". I'm sorry that you sprung a coolant leak and had a PC-Chernobyl incident and I'm glad that you can enjoy the game with your modestly specced alternate computer, but I hope you're able to appreciate that others are less fortunate, with perfectly tweaked and well-specced computers.

The bottom line: SOE should clean up this mess. I don't want to see another faction specific screwdriver or orbital launcher or some shiny neon trim for my jockstrap before they take a closer look at their performance.
  6. phreec

Yeah guys, what are you on about? The guy can play his game with crappy frames on his crappy computer. Everything is fine...
    • Up x 2
  7. PhiladelphiaCollins

Lying about what? Not a good way to start things off. Why you mad bro?

I've noticed that a lot of these people with so called "awesome computers" who have **** performance have an overclock going.
  8. Grimmjow968541

Anyone wanna try out my application ? See my signature, it helped me get my FPS stable. Hope It Helps
  9. siiix

it has to do a LOT with windows configuration.. since BF2 i always had WAY above average experience

the problem is there is not much you can do ... all i could recommend people , to re install they OS , preferably a pirated version (because that is usually smiled down) , do not run ANYTHING besides the game, no firewall , no antivirus, NOTHING, no stupid icons by the clock, no update this update that icons.. and BOOM no lag, way faster FPS then what you supposed to have

all it should be running is the game, the icon for speaker, and TOPS if you have a Logitech mouse and keyboard BUT ONLY if you actually using any of the extra features in the game.. maybe team speak IF YOU MUST

if you do not want to risk this on your main OS, make it dual bool, problem solved

the above helps WAY more then any overclocking, wich of course you can do additionally

but people are dam lazy to do this
  10. Blarg20011

Stable? Or increased? Also will it give my computer AIDS?
    • Up x 1
  11. moooosa

You seem to have missed the point. It's not that people with average computers can't play the game. It's that those of us with expensive high-end computers can't play with solid framerates, on any settings. I wouldn't call it a good thing that mediocre performance scales well.
  12. siiix

i ran a few of those , and they all told me that there is nothing to do on my PC , its in perfect shape

application to fix performance = lazy mans way.. it might help a BIT but wont ever make your OS perfect
  13. xGreedFuSioN

Your app doesn't work, downloaded it, opened it, it just opens and wont let me change anything then closes itself after 9 seconds.
  14. Blarg20011

Yep, your computer probably just got AIDS.
  15. Grimmjow968541

Nah the file is clean , its written in delphi and it shouldn't close after 9 seconds i have no problems running it, you might have used it incorrectly and it crashed due to an error. Did you move any of the core files away from the exe?

Use the program like this:
    -Give the program your planetside 2 root.
    - click find
    - the optimize button should now be clickable
    - select a mode (Ultra works best)
    - Click the button.

Quicknote after extracting the rar don't move any of the files or folders inside of it as the program uses its currentdirectory to point to those files so if you move Planetside 2 Optimizer.exe to lets say C:\ It will try to look for the config files in C:\Core\*.cgi and this will be an obvious error.

What OS are you on?
  16. Grimmjow968541

I have no clue for me it increased my fps and kept it stable so it must vary from computer to computer, this is a very basic version though ill be updating it every now and then to increase the performance of your game. Use it if you want to the file has not been detected by any antivirus , Its safe as safe can be
  17. Moltus

May we have a look at the source?