Bad Aiming, Desync, Hacking or TR weapon change?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gary, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Gary

twitch.tv/spencley/c/1776661

Just copy and paste into your browser address bar. This has been bugging me and an outside opinion would be nice. 45 second clip.

Now i am wondering if this is a result of Bad Aiming, Hack on the targets end, Desync of some sort or whether this is actually the state of the TR weapons after using a Jet pack and crouching without moving...

To me it looks like each bullet is actually hitting the wall behind him. Since it is my video though i may be biased :)
  2. Slayer Dorian

If you and/or that person had any latency, it's possible that they killed you before you started firing and you just didn't know it yet. One of the major issues with having such a low TTK in this game.
  3. medbot544

Game has wonky hit detection between point blank to around 7m. Most notable on maxes who have enough life to witness this consitantly. Not so apparent as regular non-HA infantry. Also effects vehicles like last night where I lobbed 6 shots @ 5m into a mag and it did nothing yet the mag had no such issues hitting me. This effects all factions and is not specific. Doubt it's a cheat, all to do with the game it self....
  4. Gary

I thought the MAX's had deadzone due to immobile weapons on there arms. Cheers for the info
  5. medbot544

No dead zone far as I know, cut down guys at point blank np. It just bugs out sometimes and only way is try to get to 10m mark then try again...well that's if you lived.
  6. Vempire

What you have experienced just now, i feel that has been happening to me 70% of the time now. I live in Australia and play on a west coast server. I never had this problem before last update but now it happens so much more. I don't feel like making another character on the Aussie server as i have spent over $100 on my character alone.
  7. Littleman

I've found hip firing produces reliable hit detection vs ADS. I'm being serious here. I've placed my primary focus on weaponry into hip fire accuracy and I've been doing better as a result. Mind you, there are a few factors at work here in your stream:

• You have shown your ADS was working with your first and second kill.
    • Your rounds traveled all around the murderer. That's just sheer luck with the spread we could see that not a single one hit your target.
    • However, it should be noted getting hit actually expands your CoF as well as causes flinching.
    There's a reason I've placed an extremely high priority on hip fire accuracy: strafing and visibility. It's cheap, but the movement
    (and more than possible warping) from strafing can and has saved my butt more than several times as I constantly throw off their aim. Additionally, I often lose sight of my target behind my own muzzle flash when firing (I believe it's not as blinding on higher graphics settings however.) With hip-firing, I remove the visibility issues when firing. There is a suppressor and a flash suppressor - the latter simply causing CoF to bloom faster - but if I can avoid attachments that introduce some sort of detrimental effect, then that's what I want to do.

I'm done with this crouch+ADS $#!% except for long range engagements where my iron sight can hide the target. I can crouch hip fire targets from 50-60m out very reliably without actually looking down my sights using the TAR assault rifle and a 2x laser pointer with no barrel attachments. I imagine I'd get the same if not better results with the NC's Carnage BR or GR-22. I haven't looked into what I'd want out of the VS arsenal if I ever cared to roll with them. Mind you, at 50-60m out, I'll probably 3.4x scope anyway, just for a more precise shot, we're talking near specs in the distance at that range.

As a TR LA, you'll want to find a carbine with access to a 2x laser pointer (I haven't checked, but I'm sure they exist) and see how that fares for you, especially seeing as how carbines have naturally superior hip-fire CoF spread to rifles, at least stock for stock.
  8. Gary

You really have no choice now after the patch. You have to be stationary to shoot accurately at your target with ADS. I Rarely hip fire unless im panicking. Just different play styles i guess. If this happens again il be sure to highlight it and see if there are any similar factors or anything.

Pretty shocking how i can aim at the center of an enemy at close range and see my bullets shoot around them whislt using ADS.

Personally the changes should be drastically reduced or completely reverted. I dont think the change they made is an acceptable balance. less then 20m using ADS and both stationary targets and not a single shot hits. You can clearly see from the video my aim is not off until i take a hit, it then shoots up and comes back down.

Whilst i do think we need some change i just have no clue what it should be. This however is definitely not it!
  9. Littleman

A laser pointer will do you wonders. I use the TAR with a level 2 laser pointer. I really am hip firing from a good distance and landing my shots. CoF blooms faster while hip firing, so shorter bursts are necessary, but coincidentally, because I can actually see my CoF expand, I also am unconsciously aware of the need to burst. ADS, I seem to lose that instinct (among other things already mentioned.) No, hip firing isn't entirely useless.

Some weapons are just worse off at it than others, even amongst carbines. Find the ones that rock with it, and I guarantee you won't need to ADS at <25m, much less <10m as in your video. Generally, if the cert tree reveals a 2x laser pointer cert, it's going to rock at hip firing before even the level 1 pointer, and god like with the level 2. The TRV has a slightly worse CoF than the TAR, but has a higher RoF. I prefer the TAR.

For carbines, the Jaguar is the best TR carbine for hip firing, though ever so slightly and only when moving. Any carbine will do really, but I suggest one that offers 2x laser pointer like the Lynx or Jaguar.

For the video however, I'm inclined to believe lag ****ed you over bad more so than your skills were lacking or our guns just plain being UP (they're not.)