[Suggestion] Backstab

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by -Synapse-, Apr 5, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

One hit kill knife for infiltrators, custom stab animation:
    [IMG]
    Should be innate, no purchase required.
  2. Ztiller

Nah.

I'd be happy if they just fixed the knife hit-detection. You can already kill unattentive enemies fast enough with the knife + sidearm.
    • Up x 4
  3. Dragonblood

But it would be fun anway
    • Up x 2
  4. Marinealver

I would like it but there needs to be say a counter such as darklight vision or a countermove to backstabbing so you can break away. 1 hit kills tend to be overpowered in MMOs, and would get spammed frequently.
  5. Dragonblood

yeah sure, because you can spam sneakattacks from behind. XD
    • Up x 1
  6. Marinealver

Well when we had Power implants this was a concept I had.

Offensive Meele Booster. Gives the assassination (backstab) ability to all Non-MAX players against other non MAX players. For MAXs give them the execution (slow one hit kill animation) against all Non-MAX players.

Defensive Meele Booster. Counters all assassination and execution against players and ads a stun attack to meele weapons. For MAXs give them an Area of effect bash that stuns enemies.
  7. Dragonblood

yeah, but does that work against non-solo targets?
  8. Timeraider

they should seriously take a look at the knife's hitdetection cause sometimes you see your knife going through someones throat for 4 times without dealing damage.

This really ***** up a life or death situation.
  9. Dramma Lamma

^^ what he said ^^

The knife is fine (just a tad buggy)

I REALLY don't want to see some positioning based mechanic that becomes auto win in some scenarios. Like back melee in halo, or backstabbing in darksouls. It will wind up broken one way or another I can assure you that.

That will only lead to QQ, crying and then the infil getting destroyed for CQC that they already struggle in.

When implants become available i would like to see something like how the old knife implant worked. Perhaps a slower re-swing time and louder noise in exchange for more damage per swing.

There is a melee weapon slot in the load out, so one would assume there are other melee weapons coming eventually. (a leak claims the maxes will be getting melee weapons also, swords hammers etc)
  10. Dr. Euthanasia

If they fixed the hit detection, knife attacks against unaware targets would be guaranteed kills whether they took two hits or not. Nobody would be able to get away after the first strike.
  11. Sapphiretail

So, then, armed with powerswords and stormhammers, they'd be able to fight in the name of the Emperor I guess.
    Wont it be kinda rediculous?