AWFUL glitches after the maint of feb, 28th

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Spyrius, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Spyrius

Here:

These terrible checkerboards not only look hideous, but can distract you, because they`re like moving objects.

Played on ultra and v-sync.

Anyone else experiencing same problem? Maybe its my rig, but i don`t think so.
    Core specs: i7-2700K, R9 270X, 4x4 GB 1333 MHz RAm Patriot.
    Never had such glitches before today.
  2. Spyrius

Update, some more glitches:

These were far less apparent in actual gameplay but as at some point I realised something strange happens I stopped and pointed in the right direction I was like OMFG! WHAT`S WRONG?! This is really concerning, hope for your opinion on this.

Drivers or a less known game issue?

I begin to think my GPU is faulty but it`s really new, not OCed and I didn`t see any glitches in other games.
  3. Wafflepancake

• Up x 1
  4. Spyrius

Thank you very, very much for the info!
    I`ve already done some testing in furmark all tests went just fine only when I started testing with "post fx" option on (something like post-processing) it showed some tiny flickering colourful rectangle in certain place in left corner of the screen :/
    Without this "post fx" option there are no distortions and I stared at the benchmark for all 15 minutes :p

I want to do this VRAM testing now, but please can you tell me that using this software is safe for my graphics card
  5. Sliced

I agree. Looks like a Vram problem.
    Doing any kind of stress test can be dangerous. Just watch it and monitor your temps / loads and so on.
    Have you been playing around with the AMD control panel? If so then place everything back to default.
    • Up x 1
  6. Spyrius

Yes I watched and monitored it (furmark) very carefully - as I said I stared at it all the 15 minutes. I did the "xtreme burn-in test" which I suppose is the most stressful and the temp. never exceeded 73 C.

And as i don`t have big concerns about safety of using furmark which basicaly is some opengl procedures in one instance I don`t know if I can safely use that VRAM software which is very old and I don`t know what it exactly does to my hardware.

Anyway thank you for your insight, I think I`ll submit a ticket to Sapphire with this videos and see what they`re gonna say about all of this.
    Meanwhile I`m looking forward for more of your suggestions.

Played Planetside 2 again and again and there were no glitches anymore, so it`s not that they are always present - only in those 2 videos. maybe certain ammount of VRAM was not occupied? Crysis 2 and Skyrim didn`t show any glitches.
    Really hard to accept the fact my GPU can be faulty, I think it`s not even 1 month old yet :/

EDIT: All of my driver settings are set to default.