Awesome Moments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pingonaut, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Pingonaut

Share your awesome moments on this thread!

Just a while before posting this thread I used a drop-pod onto an area. On my way down a Vanu drop-pod passes me, so I chase it to the ground and kill the person inside.
    Not as cool as destroying a plane or an infantry with a drop-pod, but it's as close as I've gotten thus far.

I'm interested to hear the awesome stories to come. :D
  2. wolfva

Like in the trailer, I leapt on top of an enemy gal and unloaded my Carbine into it.

Unlike in the trailer nothing happened except the gal shook me off like a flea, and I plummeted to my doom. <sigh> Still, it was nice being on top of a flying gal <G>.
  3. OminousZ

Some of my clan mates were trying to take a flanking position on some VS on Esamir. When they ran around the corner, they saw a squad of about 30 tanks from the TR rolling in. They were like, "OH ****, GO, GO, GO...." I wish I would have seen their faces..LOL
  4. SteelNutz

Jumped into a biolab as LA then realised I had 10 rounds left, with so resupply in range I was determined to put these babies to good use. Legged it through the corridors and spotted a lone Vanu on a mission to do, err, something and set off in pursuit. Followed the dude for about a minute, literally a metre behind him, until he came to a stop on a nice ledge and knelt down into a safe firing position. At which point those 10 rounds went sailing into the back of his head. Mission accomplished.

With no more ammo, I threw myself off the air pad.
    • Up x 2
  5. weasel

Was flying my liberator with my freind on the infared zephyr. over an enemy base and we got about 40kills when a drop pod hit us.
    The drop pod died instantly and we were heavily damaged and taking heavy fire from the ground but that was the least of our problems.

Our lib was doing blackflips from the sheer force of the drop pod hitting us. We must of done 8 flips before it stabilized meters from the ground and we could escape. Must of looked hilarious from the ground. If this game had geforce we would of blacked out for sure.
    • Up x 2
  6. OminousZ

BRo,
    Bro, LOLz my *** *** off..."Threw yourself of the air pad" epic!!
  7. Moosecat

Got into a lightning vs lightning fight, the enemy got the opener on me, both of us with 100% accuracy I was eventually going to lose. At the last hit I jump out, whip out my rocket launcher and nail his tank for the kill.

Also another instance was when I found some exploiters on Esamir hanging out inside a crystal formation while shooting outwards. Managed to figure out how to get to them, being infiltrators they got the jump on me, popped my heavy's shield and managed to take all 3 of them out. After that I was relived that I wasn't knifed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Vepo

One of the best moments was with me and my friend last night at the Mani Bio Lab. We were both Infilrators picking off VS who were spawning at the deployed Sunderers. At once point a guy gets pissed off with my friend, so he goes and jumps into an aircraft and find him. He spots him ontop of a hillside and goes in for the kill ... completely missed and ends up crashing into the mountain ... resulted in a lot of LOLs :D
  9. G1n

that's pretty funny, but if you were behind him you could have just knifed him and save your 10 boollets for someone else.
  10. Rolfski

Our complete outfit was fully dressed up into Vanguards on the way to Vanu Archives. It was a potent sight to be seen. Endless colums of moving tanks made me feel like George Patton on the way to Bastogne.

That was until we ran into a Vanu ambush with some heavies rocketing down on us. Within minutes the 70+ armor pieces column was blasted into oblivion, lol. Of course this was early beta and we were still learning the game but a good lesson it was.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pingonaut

These are really good stories. I love hearing about huge armies of tanks or air vehicles, just shows how awesome PS2 can be.

I've got another one: At the very end of beta (final minutes) the platoon I was in decided to scare the Vanu by getting an army of one-man galaxies and flying toward their warp gate. So we do, taking some casualties along the way (mostly from failed barrel rolls).
    It looked like a pack of flying whales, gracefully barrel rolling and exploding through the air.
    We finally get there, just a minute before the beta ends. Unfortunately we forgot that the warp gates are protected, so all of the galaxies exploded together. I manages to jump out of my galaxy before it exploded, and got to see it smash into the ground before I did.

That was good fun.
    • Up x 1
  12. Murkie

My very 1st pod drop (not the forced one!) I landed on the air pad of an NC held tower with about 20 NC inside who didn't notice me. Managed to get nearly all of them before I got taken down.

A little later we were pushing out from a base defense. I headed towards the fighting and there must have been around 50 VS lining a hill in front of me beating back the NC. That was an awesome sight!
  13. Vahnias

I was hopping around a base as an infiltrator and picking people off from the NC. I'd launch to a roof, walk up behind, unload, re-stealth and disappear. I think I must have gotten at least fifteen guys like that. Then I got confident. I landed in the middle of a handful of them, took out one normal, the other three freak out and don't see me. Kill another, then die in a hail of heavy fire.

Soooo worth the satisfaction.
  14. Rolfski

Sometimes, its those tiny moments that are priceless. After doing an end-of-beta photo our outfit decided to goof around a bit and go back to the warp gate in a straight line while crouching. It looked hilarious:

• Up x 2
  15. Tooks

Once I dropped into an enemy area and died. Then I respawned and died again. I'm not very good at this game.
  16. ErrantPilot34

I hoped into my trusty prowler and advanced ahead of the main armor column, directly ambushed the NC (you guys do realize that if there's a tank stupid enough to charge you head on you use Heavies with rocket launchers right?) I took out about 7 before they finally realized I was a tank and took me out, that was fun...
  17. Rolfski

I suggest to do a separate "Miserable Moments" topic for the unfortunate people. In this thread I cannot read enough awesomeness, so keep it coming.
  18. Eric Smith

Hehehe, we used to do this back in the day in PS1 after a a big base or continent fight had broken the backs of the opposition so there was nothing to do but wait for the base to finally flip.
  19. CanisFlare

Shooting down aircraft in a tank at super long range is always cool.
  20. Adamiz

Accidentally falling from a roof in a smaller base and landing 5m in front of a sunderer that kept going straight towards me. Freaking out I accidentally shot my rocket-launcher towards it and it exploded just as it was going to run me over. Walking through the wreckage like a sir. ;)