[Suggestion] AV turret tweaks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fligsnurt, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Fligsnurt

ATM the AV turret seems a bit better then most alternatives. The biggest issue I have seen is that it can accurately and effectively engage vehicles beyond infantry draw distance. Which in turns makes the projectile and trail invisible to units being engage by the turret. My suggestion is just having the turret render at vehicle render distance and the engineer would be rendered while operating the turret. Would rather see it brought in line with vehicles then have its range reduced.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Kogmaw

I could be entirely wrong, but i thought the AV turret was rendered as a vehicle. I recall numerous reviews stating it made you stick out "because you are put into vehicle rendering"

thats what i recall, at least.
  3. CaligoIllioneus

The turret itself renders from far away, but I think the actual missile doesn't render at certain very long distances. I have been hit by invisible missiles from AV turrets before (looks like the phantom damage that annihilators used to cause but deadlier)
  4. Mefi

I've seen cases when at 500-600m range turret doesn't render but engineer is visible.
  5. ABATTLEDONKEY

+1 Im much more interested in finding a solution to the issue, then nerfing a good gameplay mechanic.
  6. VanuSovereignty

It's supposed to render at vehicle distance. Sometimes it seems to do so and sometimes it decides to go rouge :/
  7. Zaik

It is, however it's smaller than a normal infantry unit and easy to miss unless they have sky behind them. Oddly enough the person on the turret does not render, however blowing up the turret will still credit you with their death.

I don't think it renders as far as MBTs do though, I've run into several situations where I was clearly watching in the direction they were coming from from the top gun but the rockets would not show, just the damage indicator.
  8. Kogmaw

Huh, that is odd. Well, i do hope they make it so you can see the ENG as well as the turret, and also make it render at the proper distance it should. (unless its a bug or something, weve got plenty of those, so who knows)