Aux LMG Changes:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Isoscles

I'm not a weapon designer so I might sound like an idiot with some of my ideas, but if any one of the below (not multiple, just one of the items on the list) were added to the GODSAW it would make it worth using to me.
    • Full extended mag (allow me to better suppress areas with high damage SAW bullets - and have extra rounds for all those that will miss in normal combat situations due to the horrible horizontal shake. Many people in PS2 don't understand or notice suppressive fire I find, having used the EM1 and EM6 with extended mags to lay down fire along a lane in a more crowded fight. People will still run into it - easy 6+ kill streak. I would LOVE to do this with a SAW like weapon.)
    • .75 ADS movement multiplier (if its supposed to be a short ranged SAW, it might be an interesting perk for the weapon - after-all, I think he SAW is best used popping in and out of cover and taking potshots and ducking. ADS multiplier would make the GODSAW almost godly with this strategy at closer ranges, though less effective at longer ranges due to the horizontal shake)
    • Advanced Forward grip (I can compensate for the vertical recoil, its the horizontal shake that kills it for me)
    • Increased RoF (something higher than 500 RPM but no higher than 575, my intuition tells me)
    • Less flinch when taking damage while using the GODSAW (as the accuracy loss due to flinch is often what kills me when I die in a 1v1 with another heavy while using the SAW - causing me to miss my head shots which could have made up for the lower rate of fire in terms of damage output. This is something I generally only worry about in closer range engagements)
    • Higher damage per shot (225-250 my intuition tells me, though I'm no weapon designer)
    • Up x 1
  2. Xasapis

SAW has accuracy issues with simple movement and you want to add 0.75 ADS? What's the point?

Flinch is probably a no go either. That's why they give the implants now for.
  3. iller

isn't that supposed to be a TR trait?? o_O
    why do we even....
  4. nehylen

The Godsaw is truly in a bizarre situation. Higby has no clue how to make it different and balanced, Visigodo doesn't know either, and even Forumside is lacking ideas.

When you think of it a fully equiped standard Saw has anything such a niche weapon demands. About the only options left look silly:

- ext mag: no weapon has this much damage per mag or this much damage in spare ammo: no need for ext mag
    - advanced laser sight? On such a weapon? No point
    - 0.75ads? It's a ranged weapon with bad moving ADS CoF as said before me
    - SPA? Looks not too good at first glance, but that might actually be the most beneficial thing: in the principle lower RoF weapons benefit more than high RoF weapons from SPA, all the more with a single tier drop

There's nothing else among standard stuff, they can only go for things that don't exist among LMGs like they did with the heat mechanic on the Betelgeuse. UB shotgun? :p
    • Up x 2
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Make the GODSAW fire 167 damage rounds that do 33 AOE damage out to 0.5m? Not like the unique faction traits of the VS or TR ever mattered to NC guns anyway.
  6. Dualice

Nailed it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Isoscles

Could always muck with the moving CoF for the .75 ADS option. If, as some have said, the GODSAW really is a close range oriented SAW (some aspects of its design, especially before being patched seemed to indicate this - such as the extended mag and 1x scope it was originally given as the only optic available), how much would the moving CoF matter when a fight gets closer? In my experience with the SAW itself in closer quarters (I'd say between 10-20 meters with a rough guesstimate), not much - but peaking in and out of cover faster would have partially compensated for the weapon's severe drawbacks in CQC for me.

Though I do agree... there really are no good options left without introducing a novel mechanic specific to the weapon or turning the GODSAW into either a direct upgrade from the original SAW or a weapon that doesn't really resemble the SAW.
  8. GrandpaFlipfox

SOE can't even faction trait. The EM6 has been the long standing king of oversized magazines while also being tied for the highest rate of fire 167 LMG. It don't make sense.
  9. iller

Oh, I better get that then one of these days.... Maybe I'll finally beat a chaingunner and stop having dead heats with MSW's
    (hitting a warpdanching Orion will probably not happen but I'll take what I can get)
  10. Runegrace

I know the NC shotgun is kinda a bad joke at this point, but that's actually a really nice idea. No LMG has an UB shotgun, and giving it to a long-range LMG that suffers in CQC ADS fights? That seems kinda awesome.
    • Up x 2
  11. LibertyRevolution

I would be ok with a 250 damage Godsaw with a 333 ROF, if it was semi auto only. You want full auto, 250 ROF.
  12. Nabtwat

I have some other post in this thread putting up some ideas Why are they Auraxium guns terrible so no need to repeat that.

But you escape the fact that saw does not have 500 rpm in practice, because it needs to be bursted (any1 will tell you that) and it means its effective rof is much lower already. I think this aspect is overlooked. So probably it is 250 rpm as it is now. And even if rof would be 500 rpm and usable like that and all bullets would hit, still inferior DPS to orion and company. Thats DPS as in damage per second ok.

The problem is the bloom change from 0.05 to 0.06 is not that much, but from 0.06 to 0.07 make things a ton bad. I think another overlooked effect. Should of not considered that one to be linear.
  13. braytz

if devs don't know how to change the godsaw, can we ,at least, have our compensator+foregrip back?
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Give the GODSAW all the stats for the adv. grip but none of the draw backs, a 0.25 compensator instead of the 0.15 one that's on it now, and SPA.
    • Up x 1
  15. braytz

nice, i like it.
  16. battlegoose

Stop asking for something that isn't going to happen.

You guys got slight buffs with improvements to the reload. Don't ask for buffs that aren't deserved. The NC are asking for changes that would make the GODSAW better than the Warden (notably because it would lack sway in the scope), as well as make it fully capable for taking on a lot of people. It would end up becoming really OP. The TR want changes that would make it better than the Orion.

The Auraxium weapons aren't suppose to be massive upgrades over their regular counterparts. They're SUPPOSE to be SLIGHT upgrades over their counterpart. Larger magazines with identical reload speeds IS an upgrade. It might not be an upgrade YOU want but tough luck, the VS are missing a ton of small things the other two factions get and doesn't make sense why they lack it (such as the max elevation pitch of the main gun on the Maggy, which maxes out at half the elevation that the Prowler and Vanguard do even though it has even more bullet drop).

Again I reiterate, the HEAT mechanic on the Betelgeuse, Darkstar, and Elipse were meant as testing platforms for a new VS faction trait (hence why the VS Auraxium shotgun, SR, scout rifle, and SMG all don't have it). They weren't added to them to make them better, it was simply to test out a new mechanic to replace the "no bullet drop" faction trait of the VS (or to supplement it giving the VS a bunch of small traits instead of one or two strong ones).

However, in normal PS2 dev fashion, they rolled it out then forgot about it and moved onto something else, leaving the mechanic on just three weapons. The Betelgeuse originally had a 65 (vs 50 on the Orion) extended mag and nothing else. So the Betelgeuse was originally just like the GODSAW and Butcher, in that their only upgrade over their counterpart were built-in extended mags.

Don't think for a SECOND that the HEAT mechanic doesn't need work. It desperately needs tweaking (such as no infinite ammo, as it's the most useless thing ever on all but the AV weapons), but good luck getting the devs to actually finish what they started (same goes with the Valkyrie).

About the only reason the devs actually go back and finish stuff they release is because nobody is buying it (e.g. the Lancer on release, the Spiker, etc.).
  17. GrandpaFlipfox

You can't have a 200/500 weapon that's not stable, they fire too slowly to make up for the misses and that's exactly what the GODSAW is.

Meanwhile the standard Gauss SAW with a grip is already the "overpowered" weapon you're describing and has been slightly under performing since forever. Though that's mostly due to base design heavily favoring CQC ADAD shootouts which the SAW isn't great at.
  18. IvanCGray

Just give us armor-piercing rounds on the GODSAW, a lower rate of fire, 225 damage per shot, the forward grip, take away the extended mags, and call it good. Congratulations, unique LMG.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Increase it's ROF to 535 but it doesn't get any attachments.
  20. Nabtwat

Giving all aurax lmgs exactly the same attachments its like considering they were the same base to start with, which is false. They are starting from a very different base, so having same attachments combo on all its bound to be biased, and since all bias goes to vs in this game then this is no exception, hence their aurax is the only one actually usable at all. While extended mag 150 on a lmg which had 100, its worse, but its in same category with giving a shotgun an underbarrel shotgun. Just ridiculous.

Currently godsaw with 0.07 / 0.084? bloom and without *advanced* fwd grip is crap. All 0.07 bloom weaps (all NC and NC only!) need to be bursted, meaning their rate of fire is not 500, but a whole deal much lower effective rate of fire. And about bloom difference again making it 0.07 ffs is not same thing as going from 0.05 to 0.06, the usability decreases exponentially and 0.07 are all crap at least in comparison to the 0.06 which can pretty much dump their entire teoretical dps.

Godsaw compensator is not necessary nor wanted in my case, user needs to learn to compensate by mouse the entire thing. Should have 0.06 bloom from nc6 gauss saw, and directive one should not have compensator by default as apparently its meant to be harder to handle. On comparison terms, why??? vs one is *not* meant to be harder to handle, only other ones are meant to be harder to handle.

I dont care WHY, and what is the reason why devs show such much care and ingenuity in vs area, with tones of goodies, but only ridiculous stuff for the other two factions. I only care its like that. Reasons behind it dont matter and dont make up for excuses.