Auto Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by PrimedReborn, Dec 15, 2017.

1. PrimedReborn

Recently, I acquired the auto scout rifle to add some flavor to my NC character, and it's fun. I have a lot of fun using it I just can't seem to get more than one or two kills before I get rained on by bullets so could someone offer some help on how to use these things?
  2. Cirena

Auto scouts are pretty bad, esp as NC where the cyclone and gladius overlaps some of the AS' optimal range.

Flank at 20-30m distance, never use it in a 1v1 where you face each other. Ignore HAs.
    • Up x 1
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

Headshots are necessary with these guns due to the low mag count. Add to this the fact that in a straight fight as an infil against another class you're starting essentially a bullet down before the first shot is fired.

You'll pretty much always want to start a fight from an ambush or from range where you can take advantage of your accuracy. If a target isn't moving around too much or takes too long to be evasive I can typically kill them at >70m unsuppressed. I don't feel like a suppressor helps these guns as it kills any advantages you get from their range and at that point you may as well use an SMG.

I typically play at about the same range with these guns as I would use the battle rifles, not on the front line but just back from it where I can pick targets who are already engaged or trying to flank. Light assaults drop quickly if they are floating for c4 drops and other infils drop quickly if they stand still trying to line up shots or move too slowly after they cloak.

I typically try not to stand still for more than about a second to get a kill and then move, any longer than that and you're sniper bait and any shorter and you won't have time to take down a moving target. A good sniper will still get you but usually there aren't any good snipers around, and you can make it harder for them by not shooting from the same location twice in a row. This is something not enough infils seem to realize: you can relocate undetected between shots. Do it.

Being an infiltrator means you can keep an eye out for a changing battlefield and take advantage of a chance to flank and do some damage. Even without a suppressor you have the chance to disengage or reset an engagement as long as you take advantage of your motion sensors and don't let enemies get too close.

As a final note the Tomoe is a really good scout rifle to use before using the other scouts as it forces you to aim for headshots. Then when you use ES scouts and your body shots do damage too you'll drop people like flies.
    • Up x 1