Auto Repair bad now?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Flaeb, May 2, 2013.

1. Flaeb

Well some people may already claim it was bad in the first place, but its preference, but for those who use it, whats up with it now after the GU08?

I have Level 4, and I tested it by jumping off a cliff, and lost half my health, and once the timer kicks in, It repairs ONE bar of health every 19 seconds or so, its REALLY slow and almost pointless now it seems. Whats the deal?
    • Up x 1
  2. Quiiliitiila

No, it got a buff actually... T5 of the ability kicks in after 8 seconds and repairs 1.5% a second. I'm extremely happy with it now, it repairs me fully after around a minute.
    • Up x 2
  3. Flaeb

Then why does Level 4 repair me a bar every 19 seconds or so? It was faster before this patch. Weird.
  4. Crayv

There has been times where I have spent that much time running around yelling "I need a repair". So I have found to be rather useful.
    • Up x 1
  5. Quiiliitiila

It may be bugged with that level. I don't have exact measures of times, but I know my T5 heals me pretty damn fast :p

Yeah, I often play as a ninja MAX and mostly don't have engineers with me. I find the NAA really helps me get in and kill a few people and run away to heal up before they know what hit them :D
  6. Whargoul

I would hands down get it if you want to do any kinda of solo play with the max. I use it over the others now unless I know a engy will be around.
  7. Tungsten

Your definitely bugged. Or made a mistake. Try re-equiping [im betting you dont have level 4 equipped] it with the usual song and dance and if that fails buy level 5. No point waiting for a fix when it could take months.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dreadnaught Wrex

Lol What? I have nano 5 and I use it over KA5 and Flak 5 because of attrition. It kicks in twice as quick and now it only takes 1-3 seconds to give me a bar of health. And I still feel I am exaggerating that making it longer than it really is.
    • Up x 1
  9. Souleater

Definately improved for me and I've only got level one ATM.

In the morning it was distinctly lacklustre and didn't really help much at all. After the patch the activation speed and regeneration where noticably better. Admittedly I had to duck back and sit out the fighting for a while now and again but I was able to stay alive skirmishing along a bridge for so long I actually ran out of ammo. I didn't die until I took a ScattMAX to the face.
  10. Flaeb

Thanks guys. Im glad you guys don't have problems. Maybe it is bugged for me. I do have it equip, I will so a VR test for level 5 after work today
  11. Pikachu

I use auto repair and I love the buff it got. People might still argue that kinetic armor is better, especially after the buff but I like my auto-repair. Yesterday there were a surprisingly high number of pants-on-head-ret*rded engineers who refused to repair MAXes.
  12. Dragonblood

I have level 5 and it's nice to hold a point without the need of an engineer.
  13. Soundmonitor

lol I usually shoot these "types" (medic/engie) that do not repair or heal to remind them what class they are using. It's like slapping them on the head... WAKE UP BUDDY!
  14. Andy79

only reason I would spend certs on this is so I can heal up at a terminal via changing to this, for facing Libs / rocketpods and c4 I need my flak armor (which got even better)
  15. TeknoBug

yeah I think anything below tier 5 is broken as they haven't been properly tested on PTS because tier 5 is only avaiable in VR and most certaily anyone with 10K certs after creating a character would have maxed it.
  16. Terrahero

All i can think of is that for some reason you dont have your repair cert active, and the healing you are seeing is from some biolab bonus that grants everyone health regeneration on your faction.
  17. Flaeb

Ahhhh! Very good. Thanks. I cant un-equip since Its my only suit slot. I will buy a rank of flak or something to swap back and forth. Thanks.
  18. Flaeb

Okay with some testing, it seems Level 4 works fine, I had to force un-equip it, and put it back
  19. Liewec123

i've got t3 and it does indeed heal the 1% it claims (1% was the old t5 which i tried in the vr training awhile back)
    i could never live without it watching people slowly chip at your hp (unless you have a pocket engineeer)
  20. Ronin Oni

you use auto-repair??

I could never go without my Flak armor.

What's that? C4? bwahaha nice try buddy