Auto or semi-auto shotgun?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Xiphos, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Xiphos

As the title says. The automatic one is obviously easier to use in CQC but according to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12 the semi-automatic ones can in theory fire slightly faster.

Also (as TR) I'm wondering what the point of the Barrage is, as the stats are identical to the Haymaker with the exception that the Haymaker gets a larger magazine and slightly higher reload speed. Are there some other stats the spreadsheet doesn't account for?
  2. Azraelle

No one can tell it for sure. In game weapon stats can be inaccurate. I prefer fullauto because you'll need maximum burst to take down max or heavy with his with shield on.
  3. Undead Clown

Its play style mostly, really the 6 shot semi-auto is kinda pointless though, either use the 6 shot full-auto, or the 8 shot semi-auto (the slightly higher reload is hardly noticeable, and you usually need the extra rounds).

The full-auto is easier to use, but I prefer the 8 shot semi-auto because the fire rate is only like 50ms slower, and you get the extra rounds and better control.
  4. Adhoc

The pandora is an absolute beast in comparison to the Nova, so if the TR versions are simply mirros, I'd suggest the fully auto version. For either one, the extended magazine rail is an absolute necessity. I really don't like the shotguns in general though on the LA. I find it's extremely useful on my engineer but it just doesn't fit my LA's playstyle, which centers around baiting people into fights and countering them with mobility. It also doesn't have enough ammo for my liking. I really have to be careful in comparison to my VX6-7 which allows me to be attacking from some really odd places and angles without losing too much damage over range, and also it's killer if I have to get in close. Definitely trial it though, it's an extremely different play style.
  5. Ipecac

Does anyone know what the benefit from extended mag is for each of the shotguns (preferably TR, but i'm curious about the lot). I thought during beta the Nighthawk went from 6 to 10 with extended mag, but I just unlocked it for the Barrage and it upgrades from 6 to 12. Has this increased for the Nighthawk as well, is this a hidden benefit of the Barrage, or am I just mis-remembering beta Nighthawk?
  6. Chrysalis

Auto. When you need the extra rate of fire, you have it. When you don't, you can always just treat it like a semi.

Really have to learn some trigger discipline though, if you empty the clip into someone, you're just wasting probably half of it on dead meat. And yes, dying people DO soak bullets, so don't try to treat this game like other shooters, can't shoot through the dead.

It's great in Bio Labs and anywhere where you know the majority of fighting is going to be very short ranged. In protracted battles, it's great to pull out when you need to contest indoor areas such as the guts of a tech plant, etc. Since LAs have such great approach options due to the jetpack, being locked into CQC is less of a hindrance than it otherwise might be as long as the fight isn't completely open field.
  7. Village

With the semi-autos you end up wasting alot of ammo needlessly, overkilling enemies. I much prefer the nova 8 mag shotgun. It only takes 2 hits to kill someone anyway. And i just C4 a MAX rather than shoot him.
  8. Village

If you can aim, the 8 mag shotgun is defiantly the way to go. Extended mags + 1x holo sight.

[IMG]