Auraximus Event - Have to Pay?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Dec 15, 2016.

1. JobiWan

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing the Xmas directives without buying something first.

Kill people wearing a hat (999DBC) or vehicle cosmetics (also cost DBC) are the basic ones. Is there no option to get started without spending money? I'm not a cheapskate but there's no way I'm paying £8 or so for a silly hat just so I can join in. Plus if there's no hat you can earn with certs it's going to be hard to kill enemies wearing a hat because not a lot of people will spend that much money on a silly hat.

Please tell me I'm missing something.
  2. SoljVS

Good man. Don't give this game any $$$. They pander to the worst demographic of our population and actively destroy the game because of it. You're better off giving your money to a homeless guy on the side of the street.
  3. Valenz

They're probably trying to raise some money for x-mas. Going from this, pay the money if you want to support them, or live your life as you would normally otherwise.
  4. CrimsonEclipse5

Ummm... Shoot the Snowmans? C4 the regular mans? You can definitely do the directive without paying money.
  5. FieldMarshall

All the cosmetics required are free and unlocked as you progress through the directive.
    Here is how you do it step by step:

-Novice
    -Reward: 10 certs
    1. Kill Snowmen
    2. Kill people with C4

-Adept
    -Reward: 20 certs. Holiday Vehicle Cosmetic.
    1. Kill Snowmen
    2. Kill people with C4
    3. Kill Golden Snowman

-Expert
    -Reward: 40 certs. ES Holiday Hat
    1. Kill Snowmen
    2. Kill people with C4
    3. Kill Golden Snowman
    4. Run people over with the (free) Holiday Vehicle Cosmetic equipped

-Master
    Reward: 100 certs. ES Auraxium Holiday Hat. Holiday Banner. Cold Blooded Title.
    1. Kill Snowmen
    2. Kill people with C4
    3. Kill Golden Snowman
    4. Run people over with the (free) Vehicle Cosmetic equipped
    5- Kill people wearing the (free) ES Holiday Hat equipped

Having a hat to start off with is a big deal though, since you dont have to hunt for golden snowmen until you get to master.
  6. JobiWan

Thanks, I thought I must be missing something. Still don't think I'll bother though, haven't seen a single snowman yet.