Attachements on the Sabr-13

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by oTec, Jul 2, 2015.

1. oTec

I've been using this gun for a few days now, and it's glorious. I'm still doubting about the attachments however.
    For close range, building to building combat, i tend to use the FA1 Barrage (standard TR shotgun) so is it worth putting a laser sight on the sabr or just going hard on HVA + ADVFW? It preforms well enough without the FW and even in the occasional CQC with a fast triggerfinger + hipacc.
  2. InsaneLinguist

Depends on what you want to do with the gun. For me SABR is all about laying accurate fire down range, so I go for compensator and adv. fwd. grip to emphasize its already good accuracy. I'd advise against putting HVA on this gun: SABR really doesn't need it (620 m/s stock muzzle velocity iirc) and, ironically, HVA makes the gun less accurate at range (you want those 2 bullets to land as close to each other as possible). You can take this setup to CQC, but it's not ideal (because it's a burst weapon you're disadvantaged against opponents with automatic weapons/shotguns). If you take SABR to CQC, no matter what your setup is, ADS -> aim for the head -> profit.

Edit: You can expect a lot of rage tells if you manage to get this gun to work for you in CQC, especially from shotgun and SMG users :D
    • Up x 1
  3. oTec

Currently got Compensator + HVA + 2X sight.
  4. oTec

So HVA is actually not good for this gun? :/ I bought it earier
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

I have Compensator, Advanced Forward Grip and HDS 3.4x scope on mine. I've never considered using the weapon in CQC since I find it excels far better at longer ranges. In my personal opinion, putting HVA on a weapon like the Sabr, while increasing your bullet velocity by about 30 m/s, is at a cost of around 10% of your vertical recoil and since its intention is a longer ranged assault rifle, it already has an excellent bullet velocity of, if I can recall, 620 m/s so already it means less leading on targets in order to hit them.

In short, and in my personal opinion, adding HVA to a weapon you're considering CQC with wouldn't be a good option since you're far less likely to need to lead your targets very much in the first place, and if you intend to use it as a medium/longer ranged weapon, unless you're confident you're able to deal with the vertical recoil increase, I don't think HVA would be a good addition to a weapon that is designed for accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skiptrace

The SABR-13 works really well with a Compensator, AFG, and HVA. with either a 2x or 3.4x scope. Since it's a burst fire gun the HVA's vertical recoil penalty is really only noticed past about 60m.
  7. oTec

Does HVA really add 10% vertical recoil? Seems alot for a sleight increase. Anyways i will test this out in the field, with and without HVA. For the moment i have a 2x Reflex + Compensator (+HVA), still need to get the grip.
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

9. Iridar51

Compensator provides a huge reduction in vertical recoil (-25%) for the SABR, so I'd consider it mandatory attachment.
    HVA doesn't do anything special for it, and usually shouldn't be taken on non-carbine weapons.
    Optic at own preference / range, and then you're left only with grip vs. laser.
    SABR is much more of a ranged gun than a CQC gun, so I'd recommend grip, since it's the advanced version with higher benefit. Who needs the laser attachment when the gun itself is a laser? :p
    • Up x 1
  10. oTec

Ugh, wish i knew this before i got HVA. Was only one ammo type, so i thought i couldn't go wrong. My 100 certs D:
  11. Dargadon

100 certs are like 20 minutes of Shield Regeneration + Reviving farm in biolab`s portal room. Take it easy :D
    Yes, without boost and membership.
  12. Dualice

It's been said already, but just putting my vote in on the "no HVA for SABR". For the muzzle velocity/damage range increase, the added vertical recoil isn't worth it, as the gun's effectiveness hinges on getting those two shots to land as close together as possible. I would however definitely go for the compensator, for the same reason.

If you must use it in CQ I'd still stick with the grip and just use a smaller magnification.

^ This :)