ATT: stupid SOE devs.....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bacardie, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Bacardie

Wanna explain what press (NULL) is suppose to mean??? Get killed, your whatever you call it screen comes up, and you USE to have to hit "any" key or I used space bar to redeploy.. now I can't hit anything cause NOTHING works!.. I have to now EXIT the game ???

Ban me if you want but you STUPID fools break more crap then you fix!
    • Up x 3
  2. NC supporter

Pretty sure your going to get banned and have this thread deleted. Its easy pointing stuff out but do you have a solution?
    • Up x 1
  3. RobotNinja

If you need help, shouldn't you be asking for a smart SOE dev?
    • Up x 5
  4. Bacardie

5. Bacardie

Video shows it... can't click anything.. it don't work. Yeah I got up set.. tuff.. I pay for a subscription. Use to be able to hit the space bar for example, to bring up the redeploy screen/map.. won't work. Only 2 ways around it.. use windows to exit the game or hit "I" for instant action. Whats the stupid sense in that?
  6. Who Garou

I don't think he is a DEV.
    He is in no position to be fixing what the DEVs broke.

Why are the players always the ones in SOE's game that have to come up with the solutions to errors that the DEVs make?
    And why are there so many players in game sin general that will defend the DEVs blindly when it is obvious that they have screwed things up?
  7. Swinefludude

Well to be fair he has a point..

SOE makes ton of money off allaccess members and the player studio and theyve been working with this type of code and this engine for longer then 2years yet simple little things get broken when they aren't even being touched in the patch.
    • Up x 2
  8. Bambasti

(NULL) just means there is no button defined. Simply delete any configuration file, start PS2 again, adjust your settings and you should be fine. Just a bug, for me the new redeploy works fine.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bacardie

So we are the ones who have fix something THEY messed up?? LOL.. Why redo our configuration settings just to fix a screw up THEY made? Guess I'm paying monthly for nothing then. Time to cancel I guess. It's like paying taxes to fools in D.C. so they can buy hookers.
    • Up x 1
  10. Smagjus

Well, you don't seem to be capable of finding the specific keybinding and just set it because that is the problem. You unbound a key which is now being used. So it is safer to advise you to delete your config files, your keybindings in particular and let the game do the rest of the job.

Anyways if you continue this kind of behaviour like shown in this thread you might lose your account. It doesn't matter if you pay or not.
  11. SimonFiction

So much ****** in this one, seriously though - patching breaks stuff, it's known to happen, this patch was just severe for it. No need to go all "12 years old and just got access to the internet, my parents also didn't raise me to have any manors" on it.
  12. TomoB

Howcome when I click my mouse button I'm taken to map deploy screen just like before? I never use any quick spawn stuff anyway.
  13. DLL2

I don't have your problem i didn't change my keys. Do you try to use echap for go to map?
  14. Haquim

Alright, I know not everyone is savvy in the new technologies, but thats no way to adress an issue.

Technically NULL means there is no value defined.
    I can think of two possibilities for that: Either your configuration file broke during the update, which is actually a problem that might occur but cannot be entirely prevented since the file can not be validated. In this case refer to Bambasti above.
    The other one: They did a strange dependency on your keyconfiguration that somehow doesn't work out and they ****** up the errorhandling. This should also be fixed by removing the file and letting the game create a fresh one.

Either way, be a bit more polite - unlike a plumber they have to satisfy several customers at once with different systems. Its hard to make it work for everyone and voicing your problem this way will not exactly put you on top of the priority list.
    • Up x 1
  15. ZenitHMaster

Go to your install folder located at: C:users>username>sony online entertainment>installed games>planetside 2 or at C:program files (x86)>steam>steamapps>common>planetside 2 and open "InputProfile_User" with notepad. Search through the keybindings for the one you want and change it there. IF you dont know how to change it, just look at the rest of the file its pretty straight forward. If you feel that you messed something up, delete inputprofile_user and let game re download it.

Tip: for easier fast deploy, change it to space in the file as enter is too far away IMO
  16. Cyvil

Problem is that the key binding that needs to be changed is not in that file. When I add it, it is gone after starting the game. When I delete the files, and the game creates new files, niether the respawn nor the killcam /action(s) are in the new files. There is a bug in the code, somewhere, that is overwriting whatever I try to fix.