[BUG] AT mines not doing enough damage for their cost.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Jan 19, 2022.

1. AntDX316

AT mines.. I've seen it where 5 AT mines don't blow up a sunderer driving. Even 3 doesn't blow up a prowler. 2 C4 on tanks and 4 C4 packs is enough to blow up a sunderer. AT mines should do the same imo.

Sure 50 AT mines can be better than 75 per C4 pack.. but the fact they don't kill and engineers can repair the AT makes AT not a good idea.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

Just like C4 it is more susceptible to server latency. When a vehicle drives over an AT mine the mine might explode too late, dealing less damage. Unlike C4 you wont have problems with stuff like the C4 exploding at your position because the server thinks it hasnt traveled any distance yet, or seeming to drop on target but actually not even being halfway to it.

There are many advantages AT mines have over C4 though. C4 is used to attack enemies directly, adding a much higher risk. AT mines dont require you to be anywhere near to score a kill. They are cheap for what they can do and easy to use.

There is no reason for AT mines to be buffed because sometimes someone survives due to latency, especially since C4 users in the same situation not only fail to kill their targets but risk getting killed themselves.
    Also C4 can also be removed by Engineers. That might not happen a lot because the owner will be close, but if you kill the owner the C4 also disappears upon their respawn. That happens a lot more than mines being removed by repairs.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

running 3 AV mines + stickynade and explosive crossbow standart on my engineer i have little issue with blowing up anything but a deployshield sunderer (you need to take out the shield first or fisnih the sunderer off with explosive bolts) it rathe becomes the matter of if your target is mobile cause of lag/latency and weither or not it is using mineprotection ...
  4. AuricStarSand

4 AV mines use to single handedly kill a colossus. By 1 esf pilot, dropping them.
    So buffing AV mines, would just allow players to solo collosus again. Which isn't good.
    Maybe not uses mines for situations, that are better used with c4. 3 or 4 c4, will destroy most sunders. Yes deploy shield sunders, may need to be hit with a anti vehicle grenade or cortium bomb 1st.

Mines are suppose to be distractions, during a battle, that people back up on. Not even for roads or middle of nowhere placements, or to assault a sunder. More so for enemy vehicles to back up on, tbh. A MBT that has 60% hp, that backs up on a AV mine = the main use for a mine. Not running up to a enemy sunder & trying to use AV mines, as if they were c4. Obviously doable, but not the main reason for a mine.

P.s. I find repair grenade, not worth its cost. Should be 50 nanites, not 75.
  5. AntDX316

I didn't know the repair grenade cost that much.. Should honestly be 25-50 nanites max from my experience.
    • Up x 1