ASC + Nano cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TeknoBug, Jul 28, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

Has anyone experimented with this combination since the ASC buff?
  2. Valena

I doubt the ASC would be a good choice for an Infiltrator of any kind. Nanoweave suits CQC Infiltrators and counter-snipers best, and the Ammunition Belt becomes invaluable for snipers who like to go on a rampage.

Even with the buff, the ASC still seems lacking to me. If I remember correctly, shields take about 12 seconds to begin recharging. Knocking 4 seconds off that timer doesn't seem to make it a worthwhile choice for Infiltrators and honestly, the ASC could do with another buff to at least bring the maximum level shield recharge reduction up to 5 or 6 seconds. But that's just my opinion.
  3. TeknoBug

ASC takes 4 seconds to kick in after taking damage with the recent changes. I already run with NW 5, I think it's definitely essential for most close combat infiltrators.
  4. Plague Rat

It definitely has the potential to work with nano-armor cloaking in recovering faster and getting back into the fight, but I feel like nanoweave just has more synergy. Having NAC Rank 5 lets you soak 3-5 extra bullets from most weapons. Having Nanoweave Rank 5 lets you soak an additional 2-3, whereas ASC deduces the shield recharge from 10 seconds to 6.

It's really a question of whether it's more beneficial to be able to soak more damage as you evade or recharge faster so you can get back to the fight quicker. Personally, if there's numerous enemies, and a lot of open space I'd say take NW since you're more likely to take more damage whereas if there's a lot of angles and cover for escape potential, ride with ASC.
  5. Stromberg

this is wrong. it takes off 4s of the stock counter, which is 10s, so it's 6s with max ASC.
  6. Mustarde

I switched from max NW to max ASC for my CQC build. I used to run flak because of mines. At the cost of occasionally dying to mines, I get to dart in and out more often, with less down time and more flanking/weapons free time. I have not decided if it is the best choice, but so far I really like it, and I think it allows you to tailor your playstyle for a more aggressive approach.
    • Up x 1
  7. SpaceKing

NAC just recharges so slow, it's damn near useless.

It's a poor combo with ASC as while ASC helps you get back to the fight quicker, NAC's glacial recharge time will hinder it.
  8. DeadliestMoon

Oh wait, people actually use Nano Armor Cloaking?
  9. Biddion

I run with Advance Shield Capacitor + Nano Shield Cloaking 80% if the time.This combination works best in big fights inside structures where cloaking will give you a boost in defense as you make your escape and your pursuer won't follow you as much allowing you to get away. Your shield regenerate much faster allowing you to jump from room to room. In lesser fights where you might go one-on-one it will get you killed more easily since your opponent is less likely to let you escape and hunt you down. No matter which way you go, always have an exit strategy and an emp grenade to either get the jump on a HA or to facilitate an escape.