AS16 Nightawk w/ Slugs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Skallo, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Skallo

I was wondering if using an AS16 Nighthawk with slug ammunition was optimal for medium to close range combat. Of course, the Nighthawk, in CQC, would be best without slug ammunition, but I would prefer to use slugs for more versatility. Mind you, I'm fairly new to Planetside 2 and especially shotguns, so any other advice/suggestions are appreciated.
  2. JesNC

I'm currently testing the Sweeper (8 round semi-auto) with slugs and different attachments to make it work for me, so far I had the best results with a 1x reflex scope and a laser sight.

IMO the Laser Sight is a must because slug shotguns are extremely inaccurate while hipfiring and the reduced CoF from the Laser helps a lot.

ymmv
  3. Evil Monkey

Only the VS shotguns are awesome with slugs. No bullet drop is a MAJOR benefit. They are like a pocket sniper rifle available to jet packers.
  4. Paqu

I dont recommend using the slugs. Shotguns weak point is actually the medium range. At close range there is no match to them when using buckshots and with slugs its the best long range weapon you can get to the light assault. Its still not very good for long range, but better than carbine. And thats pretty much for the VS only due to no bullet drop.

And since you dont play VS thats why I said dont get slugs in the first sentence. If you want to fight at medium range, stick to the carbine, but if you are ready to adjust your playstyle and movement in order to get close use the shotgun with buckshots. Once you get the hang of it you realize how awesome a shotgun really is.

People usually say that shotguns only works in biolabs, but I run with buckshots everywhere I go and there are only few rare places where I wish I had a carbine. Other than that I have no problem closing the gap one way or another.