Artemis: as bad as stock pistol or worse?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Imps, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Imps

Alright, so the VS inf pistols are...garbage. This is known. I bought the Artemis, and well...it seemed a little lackluster. Basically, it is outperformed by every gun for every other class. It can't shoot far, it has stupid kick, and does possibly less damage than the pistol. It's loud as hell, and pinpoints you for enemies within seconds. So I blew 130 certs thinking maybe 3.4 zoom and a forward grip would straighten things out. It's still entirely garbage. Anyone lemme know the secret to using this PoS or did I just waste a **** ton of resources?
  2. grin

Artemis is exremely unforgiving when it comes to missing shots. If you don't hit every shot there isn't much point in using it. It does actually do more damage over time(63dps) than the pistol(41dps).

I personally like the Nyx more than the artemis for close-med range combat. Its like a spectre with no sight wobble and short range scopes(reflex 1x up to 6x). 3 body shots, 2 headshots or 1 headshot 1 body shot will down a non-nanoweave non heavy shielded enemy. It is also nearly silent :D Hipfire takes some luck and close range to kill with so i'm getting a laser.

Here is some data's
    Beamer VS3:
    bs dam 6.67
    hs dam 13.33
    mag 17/51
    t/mag 2.7s
    rof 6.3r/s
    rel 1.9s
    dps bd 40.95
    dps hd 81.9

Artemis:
    bs dam 5.75
    hs dam 11.5
    mag 20/80
    t/mag 1.8s
    rof 11.11r/s
    rel 2.3s
    dps bd 63.9
    dps hd 127.8

Nyx:
    bs dam 13.33
    hs dam 26.67
    mag 10/50
    t/mag 2.5s
    rof 4r/s
    rel 2.4s
    dps bd 52
    dps hd 104
  3. CorticalHomunculus

Hi there,

I actually just got this gun tonight. At first I was a little iffy, but it suits an aggressive style of play *very* well, IMO. Unless you are sniping, there is very little reason for you to be hanging back as an infiltrator. Flank, circle around, get behind enemies, constantly be ready to run, juke, and cloak, jump around a little.

This gun basically for me is a solid CQC weapon where fire fights are concerned, but it shines when you are flanking an enemy. It's easy to follow an opponent, especially if they are crouched or scoped, then just uncloak with your scope up and you can get just about anyone before they notice.

I was getting frustrated with the beamer for this kind of duty, it's just erratic... trialed the manticore and thought it was a pretty dumpy weapon as well. Artemis is perfect me, it's basically my version of "back stab." Also, always carry grenades and proxy mines and you'll see your ratio go up -- I started the night with Arty at about .6, finished with a solid 1.6 after getting used to it. I suggest the 2x Holo reflex scope for it. Compensator should be good too, I think.
  4. Clutcher

Most people on here seem to think infiltrators don't belong in close quarters. For people looking to get the jump on enemies while capping and hacking, don't listen to all the hate. I've had huge success in close quarters using the Shadow -semi auto scout rifle- with 2x sights, laser, and silencer.

If your quick on the trigger you can fire quite quickly and the high output (generally 2-4 shots to kill) give you a huge edge, even from the hip. Even while silenced, the 10 bullets can be relatively effective at range if you take your time and adjust to the bullet drop, and can easily handle multiple targets in close quarters.
    I have only put 30 minutes into the Artemis -full auto carbine, known to NC as the Stalker-, and although the ROF is nice, you suffer a long TTK as well as very little ammo.

I would advise certing up the health slot in your suit since it might afford you just enough time to take care of business. Switch to pistol while cloaking to hide the laser and use the motion sensor as much as possible.
    Make good use of resupply stations to ensure that you maintain a good stock of ammo in your primary before engaging.

I must admit the low graphics cloak feels like abuse of a glitch. Then again when someone on high can see me as clear as day.. it seems ridiculous.
  5. FA_Q2

Where are you getting this. I know of only one data mined source and that was back in beta several patches ago. That data was sorely out of date and incorrect. Is there a new source for this information?
  6. Dcrd

Had a trial Artemis, this gun is amazing. The only disadvantage is low clip size. I'm saving certs for it atm, and I think I'll need an ammunition belt, too.
  7. deusex2

Dude, literally everything is better than the Beamer in this game.
  8. pnkdth

The Artemis does not truly begin to shine untill you put a forward grip on it.

Why are so many hating on the beamer? This isn't PS1. Helpful advice using the beamer is to not go into OMG I AM OUT OF AMMO-mode but rather stay put and aim. You'll be suprised how accurate it actually is, even without attachments.
  9. deusex2

Yeah, Beamer is a very accurate peashooter, it always hits the target, but rarely, if ever kills it.
  10. pnkdth

Not my experience at all. Playing infiltrator with Artemis and LA a lot I often resort to the beamer or manticore.
  11. ghnurbles

I dislike sniper rifles (or anything with more than a 2x scope), so when the Artemis came out in beta I gave it a whirl. It was nice to be able to do some close-range Infiltrator work, but I found it lacking at medium to long ranges.

I gave the Nyx a go today, probably spent about half my playtime learning how to play Infiltrator decently with it. The gun is fantastic once you get the hang of it, it's useful at every range. Definitely one of my favourite guns.
  12. deusex2

TR has burst-fire default pistol that is deadly up close if used properly and then they have full-auto pistol that is even better because it's easier to control

NC has mag-Shot that hits much harder, just as fast and has slightly higher recoil, and then it also has Rebel that kills with 4 body shots(2 headshots), while retaining almost the same RoF as Mag-Shot.

VS has Beamer and Matnicore and both take a whole flipping clip to down someone.
  13. grin

This is from my personal tests in game against enemy alt characters. Test subjects have no certs and no nanoweave. I do 10 samples and average the data from the set to get the numbers I posted.

Some of the info I use in image form.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Krona

Have you tried using its sights? I've heard it's pretty amazingly accurate when you do.
  15. Good_Kitty

ARtemis is garbage. It spreads way too much in full auto. You cant kill a heavy in a clip if he is fast enough to hit his F key. Stick to a spectre. I use it as a shotgun and a sniper rifle. The spectre itself is way better than the Nyx imo for the same reasons. the nyx lacks bullet velocity that the spectre does.