Artemis and NS-7 PDW

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bonom Denej, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Bonom Denej

Hi,

I recently tried and had fun with the infiltrator class. Either for sniping with the XM98 or to play a more CQC style with the Artemis.

Today, since I had a few station cash left on my account, I decided to purchase the one with the NS-7 PDW at a very low price. But now... I feel like the Artemis has become useless (I'm not the kind of guy aiming to Auraxium everything) so I need help and some advice.

What attachment should I focus on to give each weapon a precise role ? Or should I simply ditch the Artemis if the NS-7 can fit both of those roles with different attachment ?
    • Up x 1
  2. Bonom Denej

So, this is what I'm probably going to do. I'd love to get some feedback in order not to do something completely useless.

Artemis for more medium range oriented action, using a 2x reflex sight (maybe more ?), a forward grip and the silencer (or does it defeat the purpose of medium range too much ?).
    NS-7 PDW for more cqc action, using laser sight, 2x reflex, soft point ammo and the silencer.
    • Up x 2
  3. Darkelfdruid_LOL

You got it pmuch right.

Only thing if your aim is good i would recommend x1 on ns7.

Artemis is great with silencer. We got mo bullet drop and it's SO silent.

Both weeps require completely different plays styles to be a beast with them.

Just play around and see what fits your boots
    • Up x 1
  4. Scudmungus

Never really played Vanu, so take this with a chunk of salt.

From my understanding, it performs similarly to the SAOS-20, TR side, though with no bullet drop and a lot quieter.

The auto-scouts and the NS-7 have a lot in common - both perform well in the mid ranges. However, the auto-scouts perform better and the more distant mid ranges - especially when you ADS. The NS-7 is sold as having better hip fire, and functions better in the closer-mid ranges.

So, aye - you've chosen two weapons with similar roles, however each is slightly different. However, those differences may become clearer with the proposed changes on the test server.

However, with the changes to lazer sights, you might find the differences becoming more obvious, where the NS-7 is going to suffer at ranges the auto-scout will perform better.

Personally, as I have an SMG for close work, my auto-scout has suppressor and forward grip - I mostly ADS but if push comes to shove I'll hip fire when in close. Ideally, I'd be keeping at range - where most SMGs are not effective.

WHAT HE SAID
    • Up x 1
  5. Bonom Denej

Well, thanks to both of you ! So yeah, I'm going to have three loadouts for my Infil.
    CQC with the NS-7 PDW, laser sight, soft point, silencer and reflex scope (I'll see if I get 1x or 2x)
    Mid range with the Artemis, forward grip, silencer and 2x scope.
    Long range with the XM98 bolt rifle.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lazaruz

After I finish my auraxium with the SOAS, I was thinking about switching to the PDW to fill the same medium range role.
    Probably going to even stick a grip and compensator on it, just for the hell of it :D
    • Up x 1
  7. teks

They actually told you the advice backwards.
    The NS-7 PDW beats out the artemis at range, not the other way around.
    The NS-7 PDW is the worst CQC SMG, but it has the lowest damage dropoff, so over range it beats out every SMG.

Since you have conflicting advice I'll refer to some stats to help you before you waste certs...

NS-7 PDW has far less horizontal recoil.
    • ns- .2485 / .2485 NS
    • 3.5 / 4.0 Art
    NS-7 PDW has less first shot recoil
    • 1.5x NS
    • 2.0 x Art
    NS-7 PDW has higher velocity
    • 400m/s NS
    • 360m/s Arty
    Armistace has more close range DPS
    • 125 damage @ 750RPM NS
    • 125 damage @ 896RPM Art
    NS-7 retains max damage longer
    • 15 meter max damage NS
    • 8 meter max damage Art
    ns-7 has higher min damage
    • 100 min damage NS
    • 84 min damage Art
    On top of this, the NS-7 has the fastest recovery time. I do not know why people have misinformed you, but you are currently following advice that is exactly wrong...

I suggest laser sight for both SMGs, but the NS-7 will be able to burst fire effectively at the 40-50 meter range while the arty will be best at 10-20 meters.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lazaruz

Talking about the Artemis full auto scout rifle, not the Armistice SMG that is available to the TR...
    • Up x 2
  9. teks

LOL, oh god...

Sorry, thought you were referring to the VS first gen SMG.

FWI I kinda feel the NS-7 beats out the scout rifle pretty handily.
    • Up x 1
  10. SnipersUnion

The NS7-PDW really fills a role one of the faction specifics should have, whereas the NS should have been a variation of one of them.

However, the NS7 is effective at longer ranges than the faction specifics. Its problem is that when used with an infiltrator, the enemies guns will be effective at that range too, so make sure you are being sneaky correctly!

Don't worry about recoil, it is extremely manageable. No need whatsoever for a forward grip, which is good because this guns absolute MUST is extended mags, especially considering the rather long reload speed.

I will leave the best setup/use for the VS smgs for one of our VS guys as my view will not be as accurate as theirs. I find myself using the NS7 a lot out of the SMG options as its versatility is greater than just being effective at close range. I've gone into a lot of situations with it that I was not to sure of and it has served me very well every time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Astraka

Full auto scout rifles just got a pretty significant buff in the CQC department. From 3 hipfire to 1.5. Just food for thought.
    • Up x 1
  12. IIXianderII

At 250 certs, I think this is going to be the go to weapon for new infils who want to play SMG whereas before it was better to just save the 1000 certs. It may not be as good for multiple targets or extreme CQC, but I think it is a viable learning gun with a good skill ceiling and relatively low skill floor.
    • Up x 1
  13. Astraka

Not only is it a great starting weapon, but as you grow in skill & accuracy it gets even better. I am probably going to shift to the Stalker full time now that the hipfire has been normalized. That was the only issue I had with it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bonom Denej

Right now the Artemis is pretty much crap without ADSing, even with the laser sight. So yeah, that's a welcomed buff.
    • Up x 1
  15. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Wait ao they buffing the hipfire of artemis this coming patch.....??
  16. Astraka

Yes. On live, the Hipfire number of the automatic scout rifle is 3. In the patch notes it said it will be improved by .5. I assume that this means it'll be 2.5, similar to the AC-X11. It isn't a huge buff (I would've preferred 1.5), but it is welcome nonetheless.
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Bwhahaha imo hipe fire was already manageable - not great - but manageable.

Scout rifles officially best wep for Infis now if no BA taken into account.

The bigest brain wash in game is that full auto scout rifles suck :D

Beeee sheep :D

18. Bonom Denej

So yeah, in the end it'll be :
    • NS-7 with laser sight, silencer, soft point ammo and reflex 2x : Main use for CQC, hip firing, but still with a 2x so I can shoot mid-range while ADSing from time to time.
    • Artemis with forward grip, silencer and reflex 2x : Main use for mid-range, ADSing all the time because I'm not good at hip firing with this weapon.
    • Up x 2