Are VS third class citizens?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElastaPlast, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElastaPlast

Have you noticed how the latest splash screen for PS2 and the Forumside login page seems to neglect VS?

The splash screen features a VS soldier getting shot and a scythe surrounded by reavers.

The forum login screen features no VS, but in size order, an NC soldier on a flash, a mosquito, a scene with a TR soldier in foreground with an indistinguishable character just behind and a reaver.

Does this mean SOE are sending subliminal messages to players not to play VS?

I'd have thought SOE would have had VS female infiltrator butt on everything ;)

It's been proven over the years, "Sex sells!"
  2. AlexR

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
  3. ohmikkie

Yes I've noticed the lack of VS imagery in the latest marketing whatsit.
  4. Demigar

Purple soldiers in tights... Not sure that sells all that well.
    • Up x 4
  5. Arsonix

We might as well be civilians.
  6. ZBrannigan

1st class warriors though
    • Up x 2
  7. Nexus545

It's not the latest. Unless it's a game play trailer they almost always favour the NC. People like the idea of fighting of freedom I suppose (Amuricaah woo).
    • Up x 3
  8. LectraWyraph

I don't think NC is overpowered, and I don't think the Vanguard should be nerfed at all. That all said I do think NC is SOE's favorite faction.

I believe SOE is decent enough that they don't make their favorite faction more powerful than the other two, and I'm thankful of that, I still think they have good enough sportsmanship or whatever that they want TR and VS to stand a chance, although I do think that most of SOE likes NC more, and that there is bias due to Higby being NC. All this art showcasing the struggles of the NC, I think makes it pretty obvious.

I think they like to portray VS as this massive swarm of infiltrators, who are trying to hunt down the NC "heroes", while TR are seen as the more earthly oppressive military- also fighting the NC "heroes". I don't think NC is overpowered, but I do think SOE is overtly fond of seeing NC as the heroes, I know some people in SOE are VS, but again I still think they like to demonize the VS, and glorify the NC.

I think most of SOE does blatantly favor NC the most, but I'm thankful they at least don't make NC overpowered.

Well then, civilians who follow the ways of awesome transhumanism, and science over corporate greed (NC), and against the TR who hold back scientific progress with their boring focus on nothing but firepower and conventional military stuff (TR). If that's the case then, go civilians go! May Vanu protect the VS citizens from the greed of the NC and the anti-science of the TR... With utility, cunning, and science, may the VS civilians who are otherwise just peaceful scientists defeat the soldiers of the TR and NC!

With the ways of Vanu seen to completion, it does not matter if VS are just the civilians just... So long as SOE doesn't over nerf us and over buff the other two factions... Which I don't think they have yet, I hope they won't.
  9. Haquim

Let's just assume that TR and VS will get their "prime time" on the loading screens later.

For now, to lift your mood my fellow PS2 players and VS vict soldiers sing along with me:

We're men, we're men in thights.
    We're roaming around auraxis looking for fights.
    We're fighting TR and killing NC that's right!
    We may look like sissies but watch what you say or else we'll pull out our lights.
    We're men, we're men in thights.
    Always on guard to defend Vanus lies.
  10. Jalek

Playing on Emerald and Connery, that would be about right.
    • Up x 1
  11. Plunutsud pls

Wanted dead on Auraxis for NC bias.
    • Up x 4
  12. NinjaTurtle

Higby plays quite a lot for TR as well
  13. Regpuppy

Well, at least you guys have T-ray and his ability to give you near-black default camo. :p
  14. ElastaPlast

...but PS2 is supposed to be a business, so SOE should show no favouritism to any faction, even if implied via advertising. This could lead players to believe, intended or not, that the favoured faction will be given an advantage in game (#IWinShield, #ScatMax ;) ). This in turn could skew population choice in favour of one faction.

You know where that leads. :(
    • Up x 1
  15. Bankrotas

To add. They don't have bra's on their armor too :)
  16. Aegie

[IMG]
    [IMG]You sure about that?
    • Up x 4
  17. Wyll

As a dedicated TR player, I have been dying to say this "I know third class citizens, sir and you are no third class citizen. Good day... I said good day!".
  18. Ztiller

Given how we get screwed over repeatedly, and far more than any other faction, pretty much yeah.

Empire Sidearm: Worst

Empire Sniper: Worst

Empire MAX ability: Worst

Empire MBT Ability: Worst
    • Up x 2
  19. Ownasaurusrex

VS are not citizens y'all are illegal aliens. Get out of auraxis you fundamentalists
  20. FieldMarshall

Should just change the loading screen to display a big NC logo already. Stop beating around the bush SOE
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.