Are there any plans on making Planetside 2 available on Xbox One?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RomulusX, Mar 5, 2015.

1. RomulusX

See Title.
  2. NinjaTurtle

3. Pat22

All I can say is C0braje7 showed up in one of the PS4 streams on twitch after SOE became DGC and someone asked him that and he didn't say no. I don't recall what he said exactly but it was insinuating that they were considering it but couldn't promise it just yet.
  4. RomulusX

They need to get on it ASAP! My computer is dated and Destiny is boring...I wanna play more PS2 on my Xbox One!
  5. CEGrif

no they need to focus on finishing the PS4 port and putting new content out
  6. Konstantinn

By the time it can realistically be ready to play on Xbox One (2 years from now) there may not be anyone playing anywhere else. Microsoft licensing/patching fees and QA processes are killer, they punish mistakes and bad decisions severely. I wouldn't be surprised if part of deal selling to Daybreak was "We'll give you a discount on PS4 release". No such deals with Micro$oft. It's a gamble, they need to make sure it succeeds on PS4 first while keeping PC alive. Cash must keep flowing to keep the whole enterprise afloat.

PS4 people will come in droves, and then a few months later they're very likely to leave in the same fashion. That's unless they can pull out something really good to keep interest, judging by their PC record it may not happen. Best case scenario that PS4 release succeeds at first, then when decline happens they get similar dedicated community remaining as PC version. Only then can they possibly think of trying to go for XBox. Again no shorter than 2 years.

Hope for the best.
  7. gigastar

Technically, DBG cant bring PS2 to XB1 because MS's platform parity policy mandates that they release on XB1 before or at the same time as PS4.

And then theres the snarl about the hardware and how XB1 has it worse.

And in case someone reads this and thinks "Warframe did it!", thats because Warframe has maintained an Open Beta status for the past 2 years, and is nowhere near as demanding on the system as PS2 is.
  8. CNR4806

What Planetside 2 needs right now is getting the PS4 port polished to "release" status ASAP and restart serious development of content for both platforms.

Quite frankly, all this time of being put in the back burner is not pleasing the PC playerbase, which isn't getting anything out of the development downtime but a vain hope that "maybe the PS4 release will bring in some new blood for PC too".
    • Up x 1