Are the Specs good enough?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tackelberry, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tackelberry

2. Ganelon

That's quite expensive for a PC with such specs. Then again, Alienware........

But ya, it should work properly. If you really want to get rid of your money that quickly.
  3. Tackelberry

I buy what I buy....
  4. Aggh

That PC is two grand with a $150 graphics card and no SSD. Probably has a stock CPU cooler too. The only thing that is remotely nice about it is the processor and you probably can't overclock it.

You should either build one yourself or have someone else build one. NCIX for example will assemble a PC with specified parts for an additional $50.
  5. Delax

I'm telling you as a savvy consumer not to buy an Alienware computer and I'll tell you why.

A) It's price point is ludacris! For that much I could build a custom PC that will dominate anything for 4-6 years before it will need hardware upgrades. Yeah, you "buy what you buy" but we are giving you advice that is good and sound. You don't like this truth, don't ask for it. You'll be the one regretting your purchase, not us.

B) It's hardware is subpar compared to other computers that are half the price. Yeah you get a nice case, but I can buy even nicer cases for cheaper then what you would pay for Alienware because you are paying for a brand.

C) There quality control is disgusting since they were bought out buy Dell Computers. Their components, their quality control and even their customer service is considered some of the worst in the entire industry. You want to pay out the anus for shotty components? I know you don't, so don't.

If you are not tech savy I highly suggest looking at ibuypower.com. You do pay a premium here, but for what that Alienware will cost you can get a better computer, with better components and over all higher quality. I have purchased a gaming laptop and a desktop PC from them, cost me 2.2k for both of them and they will handle every game out there. Even the laptop will ruin current gen games at 30+ FPS at 1280x720 resolution at maximum setting. You can not go wrong with that.

Like I said, if you want to spend all that money on the Alienware go ahead. It's not our bad decision, it's yours.
  6. Chodemus Maximus

"I buy what I buy" means "I'm lazy and will buy it anyway, throwing out any informative advice because it's an Alienware."

He wants a yes or a no to "Will it play PS2" a free game, mind you.

He doesn't want to hear he can build it himself for cheaper and actually use his brain to become a better human being, enriching his life with knowledge.

So your answer Tackleberry, Yes, it will run PS2.
  7. Chodemus Maximus

I love how the descriptions for the PC parts tells you what they are like you're an idiot, which most people who buy this garbage are.

It also doesn't tell you what motherboard is in it, arguably the most important piece in the machine. Probably an ECS board.

I just built a computer last week with these exact same stats for 800$.
  8. Ganelon

I built a vastly superior PC for $1450.
  9. Bottar1

My 14 year old brother bought parts online and assembled a computer all by himself for 700 euros (Not as good as that one, but runs all modern games on highest at 60 fps) and only needed youtube videos and 3-4 hours to assemble it, and only had to make one adjustment after the first ''boot'' to make it all work.

We have had it for over a month and it runs PS2 60+ FPS and in the biggest of fights 40 FPS or higher.

HE IS FOURTEEN. Really, just don't buy that alienware one and save yourself money, even if you don't build it yourself it will only add on about 50 euros or whatever currency for someone else to build it.

Just get advice on tech websites about which parts work with eachother etc and the buy them all and assemble, or if your really lazy just try and search around ANYWHERE else, alienware is a BRAND, it means NOTHING about the parts inside the computer, they just stick the parts in and stamp it and that stamp is adding a huge cost.

You can get ''pre-built'' computers elsewhere much cheaper with the same specs...
  10. Morpholine

It will run PS2, and likely be in the 30-40 FPS range in big battles.