Are people here ever legitimitely complaining or just bad players whining?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arquin, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Arquin

Don't think i've seen a single complaint backes by evidence and reasonable discussion.

This place is honestly worse than battlelog's console section.

Oh and I asked for the IRNV nerf a weeks ago when Higby was requesting issues. The post I made got over 100 upvotes. I all honesty it was too good because it was a nobrainer compared to other options. Can't say if its the right nerf.

Onemore thing, check the letter from higby about gu11. They seem to have fixed warping.

Tl;dr shut up and enjoy and discuss the goodsides of gu11. Thank you.
    • Up x 3
  2. Wintermaulz

Mostly bads :eek:
  3. SClaw

Is this compliant about complaints backed by evidence, or mere speculation from five minutes of browsing?

Having worked in marketing for a very long time, during market research the worst thing you can have is people just agreeing with you and saying nice things. You want people to tear your product apart. Why? Because it helps you improve, and because it lets you know people care.

If no one cared about the game no one would take the time to whine on the forum. Simple.

Sure… it can be a little tiring to log in and see so much moaning, especially about the same thing over and over, but I’d rather see moaning than an empty forum… or a forum full of nothing but sycophantic praise.

Praise is useless to a professional company. They’d prefer a kick up the *** to a pat on the back, trust me.
    • Up x 16
  4. gigastar

There might be a few good ones, but most all of them come here to complain about something before learning how to deal with it.

Or complaining about the bugged lock on launchers, in my case.
  5. Konfuzfanten

Could you plz link that post?
    • Up x 1
  6. DuckSauce

:p
    • Up x 5
  7. Arquin

Probably lost to the archives of reddit. Ill try.
  8. Xhaleon

The more dramatic the complaint, the more likely it is just another ***tter party pooper.
  9. Arquin

Oh believe me i understand that. What i was mostly whining about is pwople cry for nerfs that benefit them and not to balance the game. It skews up things
  10. gigastar

Alright, you had me there.
  11. P4NJ

There's legitimate concerns here. Unfortunately the hailstorm of whining pushes them away...
    • Up x 3
  12. Patrician

What "goodness" and what on Earth does it matter, to general gameplay, if one scope is favoured over all others so long as all classes and factions have access to that scope? I fail to see why that is an issue?
  13. DuckSauce

To answer you and the OP though, some complaints are legitimate. And occasionally you get reasonable...ish discussions.

Back during Prowlerside the General Discussion forums were a hot mess but the Vehicle Discussion forums had a lot more evidence and debate. It was still like 75% whine, but people do occasionally talk over their thoughts and back up their points. Honestly if you want something besides the Forumside experience you should check out the Class Discussion and Vehicle Discussion forums; they're a lot better.
    • Up x 1
  14. HadesR

Welcome to 90% of any games player base .. It's why in most cases any reasonable discussion is impossible.
  15. NinjaTurtle

SOE must love their forums then plenty of people here who want to kick them in the nuts... It's a wonder Higby doesn't come here more often instead of hiding on twitter
  16. Stew360

the Irnv as not been nerf by any mean , its still remain the same BS , but they did a single thing adding this anoying snow storm crap they have introduce in our guided rocket launcher as well

i would prefer a black found that fade out , this slnow storm flash simply irritate me , anyway i dont use this cheated scope but still pass the snow storm its buisness as usual you can bunny hop with it with ease you can fly with it no ecesive bouncing or anything like this

like i said buisness as usual + the anoying start

try it on the test servers and you will see
  17. Kaesarr

People that whine for the IRNV nerf are just players that don't want to adapt to the game but are lazy.

IRNV nerf should be a stimulation to use all the scopes.

If there are 10 scopes and the only best choice is 1 of 10, that is poor balance so everything that goes in the direction of people choosing different options is a good change
  18. Fumblewatt

Higby should do more letters addressing GU's, in were he explains the direction of the game(it's overall positive).
    There is alot of good things that SOE released in these previous GU's.

What Higby also needs to do is address this balance situation properly as to where this game is going, more faction specific stuff or just nerf everything to do the exact same thing across all factions.
  19. Iota

Ignore him, he just got a few upvotes on his "PLZ NO NERF" thread which apparently represents 66% percent of the community. People tend to forget how many thousands log on daily, apparently. And yeah I agree. A lot of whiners that just don't know to to properly play the game. IRNV on the other hand is clearly broken compared to other scopes. I was surprised to see SOE do something about a topic that the masses weren't screaming about. Unfortunately I doubt this nerf on IRNV will make it any less borked. Don't see why people are complaining about it since it'll still be a clear choice for a lot of people
    • Up x 1
  20. Konfuzfanten

The OP talks about "evidence and reasonable discussion", stats he has a 100 up vote thread (on reddit...lol), and then brings zero evidence...yea i would like a link.

Since you think the IRNV scope is broken, im sure you agree that any setting below ultra is also broken since it gives an graphic and FPS advantage over ultra. So time to remove all settings below ultra?
    • Up x 1