Are grenades even more 'bouncy' lately?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KaiserSouse, Jul 2, 2016.

1. KaiserSouse

So the other night I tried to chuck a grenade to the other side of a shield generator, and when it hit the wall it seemed to bounce back w/ slightly -more- force than it was originally thrown. Bounced off the wall, over my head, and rolled right back out the door (I had thrown it from the polar-opposite side of the room).

Im terrible w/ grenades, but it seems that within the last month or so they are like throwing golf balls (BOING!). Is it just me noticing this, or is this a thing?

Thanks
  2. LaughingDead

Obviously the actual force of the grenade is coming from your hand, they expect you to pelt people with nades instead of letting it explode.
  3. KaiserSouse

Just seems like the math is a bit off in regards to object velocity when its "bouncing" off of something heh. I can't even blow myself up with them any longer. Toss one at the ground and it skitters 30ft away. It seems odd.
  4. NXR1

I want grenades to be an equippedable like the knife and for us to get throwing mechanics like CS:GO (i mean like underhand or overhand) because I've been playing my NC medic quite a bit recently and i keep trying to bounce shots into a group but they basically just hit the ground and bounce far over and land across the base when they go off, why cant I just lighty toss it like 2 inches infront of me!!!
    • Up x 1
  5. DrakeFang

DB is going to be revamping the grenades shortly, including changing the standard frags. We'll now be getting weighted and unweighted frags.

Unweighted are what we've been using, easily thrown and very bouncy. Weighted grenades will not be thrown as far, and will bounce far less.

I don't know if this somehow relates to your situation, I just thought you might be interested.

Go see Joshino's and Camikaze78's videos if you want to know more.
  6. KaiserSouse

Brilliant. That is spot-on how I 'feel' when lobbing grenade!!! Thank you!