Are Fractures Still Worth It?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by -Synapse-, Jun 7, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

Reason I ask is because I've been saving certs for quite a while now and am wondering if fractures would be a sound investment. So are they worth the certs or should I get something else? (Already got duel chainguns)
  2. Bape

They never got nerfed?
  3. -Synapse-

They used to OHK infantry if you landed both rockets, now it takes 4 direct hits.
  4. Bape

No it was like that it took 2 shots from both arms to kill infantry = 4 they never got a nerf unless you were referring to the fracture in the PTS before the release?
  5. Tungsten

Your thinking of ravens?
  6. -Synapse-

Ah that must be it, thanks for clearing that up.
  7. Bape

no problem and yes you should get it :). I may not have enough experience as a TR but I have enough experiencing dieng to them and it a must have.
  8. Purg

It's a much more versatile weapon and definitely much better than the HEG at AV. I've never been able to farm infantry with it like most people seem to suggest and AI weapons are much better than Fractures when in close combat but its projectile speed and slight drop allows you to dial in large targets at range pretty quickly. I'd recommend them to thin out the tanks.
  9. Tungsten

Actually you can kill infantry in cqc faster than chainguns by landing a duelshot and then hitting them with melee. Ive been using Fractures exclusively for the last while so i wouldn't know if they are all around better at cqc but they are at the least close to Mercies.
  10. Cryptek

Fractures are a solid weapon, if you get lockdown then you can extend their range even further and have a very versatile MAX that can engage almost any target at close, medium and long ranges.

just don't go in first/alone, because you can still be swarmed by infantry.
  11. Naithe

Defnately a good investment. Its a good versatile weapon like people mentioned. If you want to purely kill infantry, or fight indoors, generally chainguns still win, but when you don't know what you might encounter fractures are awesome.

Also if you have a friend with a harraser, try to sit on the back with fractures, and show the NC/VS on your server just how painful a halberd/fracture broadside can be. (and you damage to the rear for the harraser.) =)
  12. Pikachu

Any terran who likes playing MAX should get fractures. They are the most versatile MAX weapon and they are fun. You can shoot vehicles that are far away or moving and you can shoot infantry at longer range than with AI weapons and they have no dead zone. When you go indoors you should use regular AI weapons since they kill faster and reloads a lot less.
  13. Frosty The Pyro

dont underesteimate pounders, they put out absolutly massive damage. Harder to use (by a signifigant margine), but if you ge the hang of em, they can kill vehicles faster than any other single person ground weapon except high level anchor prowlers, and maybe even faster than them with lockdown (I have no idea what the lockdown values are)
  14. Vortok

I have a TR alt that's mostly focused on the MAX, so he lives off of passive cert income + whenever I happen to play him and kill a few things so he doesn't get any SC purchases beyond NS weapons.

I bought double fractures for 2k certs a few weeks back. No regrets.
  15. freeze

if ya ask me, it's the single most broken weapon we currently have in the game :)
  16. Incarnus

I'd say that the Mana AV turret is far more broken, so is the phoenix (broken, not OP)

As for Fractures, beautiful weapon, great for vehicles at any range, lockdown helps a lot if you're sniping tanks or infantry (they aren't perfect at sniping infantry, but you'll still get a few kills). Although indoors you should really still stick to chain guns.
  17. Ztiller

As a VS, i hate the Fractures. The only reason i'm not demanding that they be nerfed, is because we have the ZOE.

They are weapons that are good at everything. Infantry, MAXes, tanks with little to no downside.

So yep, if you are a Tr it's definetly a worthy investment.
  18. Pikachu

Comet has the highest damage per minute of MAX AV weapons. ;) Pounder comes as a close 2nd.'

On Cobalt there aren't enough fractures to build up any hate towards them. :confused:
  19. Frosty The Pyro

not unless they have tweaked the comet and not reported on it, both pounder and vortex can out dps (and thus dpm) comets. Though with the vortex that only applies vs vehicles and requires you clicking at or close to but under exactly 3, 6, 9, 12, etc, clicks per seconds
  20. asteldian

Yeah, give VS Fracture equivalents and I will be less bummed about the inevitable ZOE nerf