[Suggestion] AOE repair should repair maxes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Call-Me-Kenneth, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Call-Me-Kenneth

yeah, that.

maxes on the field are down to almost nothing lately, now on top of C4 - AV turrets - heavies - small arms fire - other maxes - Vehicles - etc, etc... we now add Rifles and AV Mines. and lets face it, rifles are just brutal.

people whined about maxes and DB, instead of nerfing them (and im glad they didn't, btw), they went the other way, by buffing all the anti-max tools.

i don't see a problem with this initially, but its been weeks now and its evident that the result of the new Anti-MAX tools is that you cant play anymore, even with a pet engineer around, you are still nonviable. you spend more time in cover than you do actually engaging.

the damage intake is just brutal, which i guess is fine, considering that high uptime maxes can do a massive amount of damage. (i should know, i run as a FalconPunch MAX with almost 3k kills, most of those vehicles) but the time to return to the front is just unfair.

having AOE repair effects, like sunderer auras or the new Galaxy aura repair maxes too will lower the down time, while leaving the uptime similar. two engineers with rifles can still completely negate a MAX, regardless of the repairs on him, and a vehicle can still kill the max in two shoots unless he hides.

its more of a Quality of Life change, allowing lone maxes to play. (they simply cant play now. all it takes is a single engi bullet on their toe to send them back to the spawn room for 2 - 3 minutes) and maxes with coordinated support to be viable again.

now, even with two pet engineers with maxed guns, two engis with rifles with destroy your up time. you cant even peek. and my POV is that of the NC, we have shield. both VS and TR maxes must be really pissed.
  2. finoro

I think you are asking for too much. One repair Sunderer could repair any number of Maxes simulatiously, tirelessly within 25? meters.
    You already have Engineer repair, self repair and Medic triage. That has to be enough.

If not and Archer Engineers are making an area too hot then call for a Sniper Infiltrator. I know they are useless, selfish loners but if you ask them to help out the team by killing certain particular enemies then maybe you can get them to be more group orientated and use their sensor darts and stuff too.

Its all about the team Brother! You don't get to be a tank killing god all by yourself. Not for long anyway, and that's just how it should be.
  3. Keidranex

I'd be fine with a prox. repair sunderer being able to repair MAX units, perhaps at a slower rate (something like default engi repair tool for max rank sundy prox. repair). While yes, you could fit fifty MAX units into the repair radius, but it wouldn't allow a MAX to be out-repairing the damage from a tank, or an LMG.
  4. Quiiliitiila

I've always liked the idea of NAR (Nanite Auto Repair) being a small AoE heal, give it like a ~5 meter radius and allow it to repair MAX units and small fabrications.

In fact, it'd be nice to get smaller versions of the vehicle certs on the MAX units. Ammo dispenser, AoE repair, ect.

But Daybreak seems to have stopped developing PS2, so I doubt we'll actually see anything except for the occasional NS money grab.
    • Up x 1
  5. AlterEgo

This is a great idea. Be reminded: Two rockets, three AMR shots, one brick or one mine. Or you can just shoot the thing, but the point is, we can kill MAXes too quickly these days. Also, this idea is PRETTY situational (only works if you've got a repair sundy, which isn't pulled everyday), so it could work.
  6. DerUnf4ssbare

Well. MAXes count as vehicles, dont they.
    They get killed by AV mines. AV Grenades stick to them. AV Rifles rip them apart.
    It would be only logical to have them repaired by Remote-Repair-Sunderers, especially because its only a percentage depending on maxium hp.

Yes, Rep-Sundies could repair any amount of MAXes at the same time.
    Yes, MAXes already have Engineers.
    And they have nanite auto-repair.

Fun fact: All the above also applies to the other vehicles, so what?
    Just that other vehicles dont cost 450 resources.
  7. Call-Me-Kenneth

such formation of maxes would die hilariously to a single HE lighting. get curbstomped by a single Lib, or get picked apart slowly but surely by a pod ESF.

not to mention a single Light can dunk half of them, and promptly get crowned king of the fairies.

i do see how people can think this could be useful/broken on the front line, but once you think about it its a terrible idea for front line support. even with 100% repair from a max lvl sunderer, a single engineer can kill a max if he doesn't run in 4 shoots instead of 3. and with a tank, the direct hit TTK is the same, the max still has to run after the first shoot.

this is not about buffs or nerfs, this is about making maxes viable. as it is now maxes are barely viable even with a pet engineer. without one they are useless. the suit is supposed to be used with support, i get that, but constant support is just too expensive in terms of man power.

if it seems too powerful then a repair modifier can be in place, or a timer similar to the self heal implant or auto repair.

main point is, lowering the downtime, wont affect the uptime. maxes will still be made of paper.