Anyone use their turret as a decoy?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Bill Hicks, Dec 27, 2012.

1. HeadshotVictim

You have to place your turret right in order to just kill people... a well placed turret is a guarantee for 3 kills... without havving to aim too good.
    I don't get it.
    I think most people misunderstood this thing.
    It is a Stepladder-Decoy you can shoot with, when needed.
    It is a multi-purpose tool and you complain about it all the time... it even provides ammo in secondary form!
    what are you complaining about?
    (it needs a more terrifying sound... it sounds too cute atm)
  2. Korban

The MANA turret itself is too vanilla and not even worth using except for distraction.
  3. TomaHawk

Absolutely. Turrets are an attention-getter because they stick out like a sore thumb. I've found them useful when guarding/defending cap points especially on 2nd story structures because as soon as an enemy sees them, they get distracted trying to see if its manned or not. The dumb ones attack it, letting me know they're there. To which I come out with my Nighthawk and mow them down while they're preoccupied.
  4. Bill Hicks

It is very accurate. That means you can set it up at a good distance pick off people and when they fire back from such a distance, most of the bullets hit the turret instead of you.
  5. BadLizzard

I just wish there was a way I could convince people to stop putting them on the edge of air pads, when I am trying to use a burster max. Nothing more annoying than trying to track aircraft only to get team damage warnings because there are 3 turrets at the edge of the pad. They draw fire, I don't want fire drawn to me, air can't see max suits but they can see your turret, don't put it there, it gets in the way.
  6. Maj_Cyric

i like placing them in the doorway when i'm capping... makes getting in that way harder... and more time to react for me and most cases allows me to worry about 1 less entryway for an enemy rushing in
  7. ArrowRL201

Deploying the turret can only help. Unless you're trying to block hallways in the warpgate.
  8. Chiggerbite

I use it as a road block. When expecting a large group of tanks to move to a point, I'll find the best choke point on the road and deploy the turret with my tank mines. Most of the time, some tank will try to ram it and end up getting stuck until it blows up.