Anyone try the new LA carbine yet?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hael, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Hael

It claims to be better for long range, with a higher accuracy and ROF and a slight damage nerf. Right now I'm using the AC-X11 and I'm wondering if the new gun is more fitting for my playstyle (rooftop shenanigans)
  2. Ipecac

You're talking about the Razor GD-23 right? Some folks on the Engi forum seem fond of it, you might have more luck asking there.
  3. Antivide

I think you're better off with the AC-X11. The Razor in my opinion is a gimped Mercenary.

AC-X11 with all the recoil reducing attachments is a beast. One of the more balanced carbines in the game.
  4. Ghostloadout

Yes, i have indeed tried out the new LA carbine and quite enjoy the playstyle of it, in retrospect to what you're saying however It has the same damage of the AF-19 Merc Lower RoF, Faster reload, less side to side recoil (i recommend buying the laser sight), the hipfire cone is already amazing as is and can easily out gun a faster firing weapon.

Must-haves
    (2x reflex scope/NV scope either one your feel like)
    (High velocity ammo) - This may seem like an odd choice, but it works, being able to pop somone down from very long ranges is a nice feature.
    Don'ts
    Do not buy the Forward grip or compensator as the recoil is easy enough to manage on your own, go with a laser sight and flash suppressor/suppressor if need be

As a Player with nearly 500 kills with this weapon I hope you take my words seriously Remember you can turn laser sights off with L while equipped and still get the bonus hipfire. This weapon is very close to the AF-19, but can perform very well in CQB too.
  5. Hael

I thought the laser sight only improved recoil when firing from the hip, which wouldn't make sense for a gun marketed as a "long range" carbine.

Also, I believe turning the laser off with L only turns it off client side. Enemies will still see your laser
  6. Ghoest

I would suggest the opposite of ghostloadout.

2x scope
    regular ammo
    compensator
    advanced forward grip

Using this set up its the easiest shooting NC gun I have found.

If you want close quarters and laser sight the GD-7F is much better choice.

EDIT: Also if you arent using the compensator or advanced forward grip there is no rational reason to use this gun over the standard mercenary starter gun. The only thing you are getting is high velocity ammo.
  7. Trenyt

Laser is only accuracy while hip shooting. You wont be hip shooting at long range unless you fell on your head 'hot dropping' from a Galaxy. As for whether enemies can see it or not, my friend stood in front of me and found the laser vanished beyond 5 metres distance (approx) and vanished completely when I pressed 'L'. Now we are both NC but I don't see why the laser sight would be differently viewed by friend and foe (seems a bit stupid that enemies can see a tiny laser from greater distance then another player regardless of empire).