Anyone tried Mattock buckshot post scattercannon "changes"?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Zaik, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Zaik

i was dicking around in VR with the jackhammer and wanted to see how far away it could get kills. found it did surprisingly good out at the 30m line(obviously against stationary not covered targets).

then i remembered that the mattocks had been reduced to 2.5 spread, and decided i'd give them a shot too. seems that they retain the instant infantry kill in super close while being able to kill out a lot farther away. They don't perform as well at the 30m line as the jackhammer does due to cone of fire issues with firing two shotguns rather than one, however they seem better than it at the 20m and below line because it's two shotguns.

went and tried it with plain scattercannons, does not work nearly as well due to the lower minimum damage per pellet(60 rather than 90).

anyone use these in actual combat and can say how they are?
  2. MasterTater

Yes Good work Higby - the most dedicated NC fanboy and Lead game designer made NC faction another present. As if they were not already overpowered enough with their +30% dmg on every Infantry weapon or as if there was not already enough imbalance on server population / faction gear infavor for NC>TR>VS.

Scattermaxes are as deadly CQC as they were before (double salvo every infantry unit in the typically used Max combat range - YES also VS/TR maxes are useless behind 20 m range)

BUT

now they even received what you described above in a hidden NINJA buff in the "shotgun patch".

Looks like all those 90% hacksaw users will have to spend another 14 euro for mattocks to get the ultimate CQC AND Midrange weapon.

AND NOW - MAKE A VS CHAR AND TEST THE VS WEAPONS ^^ in best case the Blueshift to get a taste what is a truly fked up useless money investment. => Just a small taste to know what underpowered stands for.
  3. Evil Monkey

MasterTater, can I interest you in some new tinfoil helmets on a half price sale today. Only 125SC!

As someone who heavily uses all 3 factions MAXes: anyone who thinks the NC MAX has benefited in any way from the latest patch is delusional.

Take the Mattock for example:
    • Rate of fire slowed down to 180 RPM.
    • Projectile speed slowed down to 400 m/s.
    • Magazine capacity lowered to 6.
    • Short reload time slowed down to 3800 MS.
    • Long reload time slowed down to 3000 MS.
    • Spread accuracy improved and is now at 2.5 degrees.
    Wow, it's obvious this is a ninja buff alright! :rolleyes:
  4. Zaik

wow lol, that raging.

anyway, i'm just looking for something that scattercannons will be able to do that flamethrowers can't do as good or better on the test server. atm mattocks are the only thing I see not completely outclassed by flamethrowers, and only past 15m.