Anyone know what is actually OP/UP?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sharmanti, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Sharmanti

Yeah,

Personally, I don't see such a big issue with the NC weapons as people say. I am aware of that the TR heavier forces have quite nice medium-long weapons. But I also know that my TR LA has a ****** excuse of a weapon. (Yes I've played NC, rank 8, higher kdr than my TR tbh). They seem to lack alot of power in the air, with their aircraft just being the slowest and bulkiest.

What I do think about op is VS, their scythes just reign over the skies and mags destroy the ground. Ontop of that their color is the darkest and makes them insanely hard to see during the night. Compared to the TR and NC (nc being the worst) who have either white or bright colors :S And their weapons are really nice, TR might be a tad better in close range. But I generally don't play vanu so I am not exactly sure about their weapons

So except from the NC weapons "are so bad" issue, what is unbalanced?
  2. Jestunhi

Everything that my enemies have is OP and everything I have is UP.

I am a generic forum poster.

On a serious note, I have no major issues with balance so far (other than Skyguard & AA turrets needing a buff IMO), but SoE's metrics will have a far wider view than I do.
  3. Sykosis

Are you kidding me.....
    Imagine I handed you a musket... slow firing, inaccurate, but very powerful (NC Weapons), and I stood 100m away with a modern rifle... fast firing, accurate, less powerful, who would win almost every time? The faster firing weapon obviously. Its a very easy history lesson that can be applied to this game, the development of faster firing more accurate weapons was always the deciding factor in any war since the use of gunpowder.

So no matter what the faster firing, more accurate weapon should win if a thousands years of research and development mean anything at all.

Is anything OP, no. UP no. But are things horribly wrong with the balance, yes.
  4. Sharmanti

Lolwut? I never said the TR were up. I was just saying I don't think the NC weapons are that bad. And vanu? Well, as far as it goes with veichles, they're extremely strong. And I find it unfair with the colors

Let me remind you of one of the best rifles ever made, the AK47. So no, speed and accuracy doesn't always win over power. I myself never had issues hitting people with NC, altough I never played the heavier classes who had the long range rifles. Their snipers are veeeeery strong though

Comparing todays modern weaponary with muskets is just silly
  5. Hodo

Stopped after the first line.

IN real life, ONE shot from anything will most likely kill you. Doesnt matter if its .22cal or a .60cal musket. Once that red water starts leaking out, you have problems.

Trueth is each factions weapons are balanced. Not the way most people think. Every faction has a strength and a weakness, if you find your getting killed a lot fighting with one weapon type against another faction you will scream OP! Trueth is you are probably using your weapon wrong.

Case and point, I play TR, but have played NC and VS during beta. I stayed TR because TR weapons are jacks of all trades and masters of none, my fighting style. Unlike VS which are better at distance fights than close range fights, and the NC which are close range fighters that hit REAL hard. But I digress I have drifted off my point.

I play a TR LA, with a Carbine I prefer to fight at medium ranges personally, but have had to close in to CQB fights more than once. I can do this equally well with my current build, but if I try and do a medium range duel with a VS LA I will lose. But if I find myself in the same duel with a NC, I will win.

Find out what you are using strengths and weaknesses and either adapt to them or move factions to ones that work for your playing style.